Chapter 1~ Unsettled Feelings

UNSETTLED FEELINGS

Three years before, Thomas Jefferson Mchalle was sure that he is the happiest man living on earth because he was finally getting married to the lady he love the most. Her name is Jurri Purple, he never had any doubts when he bought that silver infinity ring topped with three squared-cut diamonds. For him, she worth more than money could ever buy.

On the day he was about to ask for her hand, there was a surge of adrenaline-rush all over him. He wasn't sure of what to do but he swear, whatever happens, even when he needs to beg and cry just for her to marry him, he'll do that. He is willing to do whatever it takes just to make her marry him. After all, he wasn't known as Thomas Jefferson Mchalle for nothing, he owned the biggest import and export business in the country but all of it is nothing when it comes to Jurri's "yes" because she was never the kind of girl who is after the wealth and riches, she was more of the girl who believes in love.

He clearly remembered her walking with a smile while wearing a knee-length lavender dress with floral purple pattern. Thomas calmed himself as the lady approaches him,

"This is it" he muttered to himself.

"Hello mister Mchalle.." Jurri greeted him with a smile and bowed like a lady in the medieval time.

"Hello Ms. Purple .." he said back and kissed the back of Jurri's hand like what a gentleman should do.

They talked for a while, mostly, it was about Jurri's art work since she's working with a new painting and she was quite not sure of what her subject will be.Thomas smiled when he started to notice that Jurri is already blabbering things. That's one thing he likes about her because they don't have to do so much effort to keep their relationship going.

"I want to try painting a nude body of a male .." she said, ending her blabbering.

There was silence between them. Thomas couldn't imagine his girlfriend paint someones body. He knows that kind of work needs a subject and it means she has to hire someone to pose for her.

"What do you think I would say to that?" he asked.

"You know I would never let you do that kind of work..." he added with a little hint of anger.

She looked at him with a dead stare, he ready himself for an argument but then Jurri smiled and even laugh in front of him.

"What's so funny?" he asked.

"You seriously believed I would really want to paint nude bodies?"she continued laughing.

"Well...." he tried to find words. Was he underestimating her by believing she will paint nude?

"Silly, I would never choose to paint a naked body for my master piece." she said and touched his cheek.

Just when they were about to kiss, his phone rang.

"You should answer that." she said and gave him a little space.

He was quite annoyed how a phone call can ruin a moment. He looked at the caller but didn't answer the call; instead he switched off his phone. Jurri looked at him but then he smiled and pulled out a ring from his pocket.

"Marry me, Jurri."

He sees her walking in the aisle, wearing her wedding gown with an evident bump on her tummy. She was carrying their very first child and it made him happier. She reached the altar and they both exchanged their sweet vows. All the duration, Thomas was just waiting for the priest's phrase to finally say that they are married.