Chapter 6~ Stephen

STEPHEN

It has been three days after Thomas and Stephen's encounter yet the anger inside Thomas is as fresh as the morning and he has no idea why Stephen's words affects him so much. He hate sharing what he have, maybe that's the reason.

Jurri often felt weak and it bothers her. How can she hide her leukaemia if she can't be strong enough to stand the pain. There's one thing in her mind, she needs to visit her doctor. She needs a stronger palliative drug.

"Mommy, what's wrong?" Tommie's voice retrieved her from her deep thoughts.

"Nothing baby. Why?" She lied and forced a smile.

"You look sad mommy." Tommie said and touched her cheek.

Something tugged Jurri's heart. Is she that transparent to her son? She could not let her son know her secret. Tommie is too young to know and handle the fact that she's going away soon. All she want to do is to prepare her son to be independent before she sleep forever.

"Mommy is not sad baby. I'm just thinking."

"What are you thinking, mommy?" Tommie said and leaned on her chest..

"Many things." Jurri said.

"I wish I could listen to your brain mommy. Like the way I listen to your heart." Tommie said and moved closer to Jurri's chest.

"Baby, if people can have the chance to listen to my thoughts. They would cry." Jurri touched her son's cheek. "And I don't want people to get sad." she wanted to break down and cry but she needed to remain strong for the people she love.

"Mommy why does dad comes home when I'm asleep?" Tommie sleepily asked.

"Because daddy works hard to feed Tommie and mommy." she answered.

One thing Jurri wanted was for Thomas to stop coming home late. She wants him to be home in time, especially by the time she'll be gone. She can't imagine her little boy alone in the house.

"I miss daddy."

"I miss daddy too baby. Don't worry, I'll wake you up when Daddy comes home." She said to her son. She truly misses Thomas. The guy she married, the Thomas who comes home early and brings her roses and tulips. She missed the time when they use to spend the whole night cuddling and all the special sleepless nights.

Not long after Tommie fell asleep, she heard the front door closed. She felt the usual excitement whenever her husband comes home. Even though Thomas have become cold sometimes, her love for him never subsides. She gently hovered a blanket on Tommie and slipped carefully out of bed. As Jurri slowly walked out from her son's room, she accidentally bumped into a body. She was surprise to see her husband standing outside Tommie's room. Without any word he hugged her.

"Good evening Mr.Mchalle." Jurri greeted her husband playfully.

"I'm sorry I'm late for dinner." Thomas said in his deep voice.

"It's okay.. Don't act like that I, I mean like this." Jurri said trying so hard to make it sound like a humor.

"Like what?" he asked.

"Like the Thomas I've married before. I might want to keep you forever if you act all sweet and caring again." she teased. But she was surprise when she looked up and saw his serious eyes intently looking at her.