Chapter 16~ The Revelation (Last Chapter)

THE REVELATION

It was one of those normal days but for Thomas it felt like it was the longest day of his existence. He could not wait to go home and spend the rest of the day with his family. September 30, the supposed final date of their marriage. The end of their agreement, the day they will break each other vows and live life as individuals but he could not bring himself to that. He loves her; he was stupid once for thinking another girl can replace Jurri.

He was startled when his alarm clock made a noise. Finally, the day is over. He quickly closed the folders and took an exit from his office. He drove to the nearest flower shop and bought the most expensive bouquet then to a well-known jewelry shop and bought a white-gold ring with a heart shape diamond on it. It feels like the first time - the rush, the nervousness, the excitement, the adrenaline, they're all coming back to him.

Thomas arrived and parked his car. He's feeling a mixture of emotions but happiness dominated inside of him. He's happy because he's making the right choice. He excitedly open the door but Tommie's crying face welcomed him. Then he saw Felly walking out from the kitchen with a glass of water.

"Where is Jurri?" He asked. Why is Felly in their house and not his wife?

"Thomas-" Felly spoke.

"Daddy! Daddy! Mommy is so unfair!" Tommie cried and ran to him. He welcomed his son with open arms. "Mommy is going to heaven!"

"Going where?" He asked. Maybe his wife is playing jokes with their son again.

"To heaven...Daddy, I want to come but Mommy said she only have one ticket. Daddy! B-buy me another ticket!" Tommie said between his sobs.

Thomas looked at Felly for explanation but his phone rang. He excused himself and answered it.

"Thomas?" Stephen's familiar voice spoke from the other line.

"Why did you call, Stephen?" He asked.

"You need to go to the hospital."

"I'm waiting for my wife. I'll come there some other time." said Thomas.

"Jurri is here, Tom." He hissed. "Just get your dumb ass here!" Stephen raised his voice and then dropped the call.

Thomas went back to his crying son. "Daddy will be right here, okay?" I'll just go and get Mommy." He kissed his son's forehead and drove his way to the hospital.

Thomas approached the information table, "Where's Dr. Stephen?"

"You must be Mr. Mchalle."

"Yes, I am." He answered immediately.

"Follow me, sir. I'll bring you to Mrs. Mchalle." A nurse interrupted.

"Wait, I'll just get some things in my car." He rushed back to his car to get the flowers and the ring.

The nurse led him to a private room. Then there he was standing alone. He twisted the door knob and pushed slowly. All excitement went down as he stood surprise of the sight in front of him. Jurri is lying on the bed and smiled weakly to him.

"Hi." She said, merely making a sound.

"W-what's this?" He asked. The sight of seeing his wife weakly lying on a hospital bed with tubes connected on her body brought an unexplainable fear and sadness in him.

"I am..."

"Don't...don't you dare say anything." He cut her off and looked straight at her. Is this why their son was crying?