Chapter 9~ Sudden Changes

Thomas woke up; he was quite disturbed by the prickling heat of the sun. He was about to stand up but he felt someone moved beside him. An arm hovered on his hips and he felt a body moved closer to him. He stops his attempt to stand up and let the woman beside her hug him.

He watched her as she sleeps peacefully. He tugged the lost strands of hair that covered her beautiful face. How he wish he would wake up every day like this. The kiss they shared last night, it was ecstatic. He had never felt something like it for a long time. All his problems disappeared last night.

He couldn't just fill his contentment by just watching Jurri. He leaned closer to kiss her cheeks. He was about to go down and kiss her lips but the door busted open a 'good morning' shout filled the room. Jurri didn't seem to be bothered by the noise though. He watched his son skipping his way to them. The little boy was about to wake up Jurri but he quickly stopped him.

"Don't wake mommy." He said like a child.

"Daddy I'm hungry." Tommie said with his lips pouted.

"What do you want to eat, kiddo?" he asked. Tommie's face lit up and smiled widely.

"Oooh! I want cereals with strawberries and apples mixed in it and.." Tommie paused and looked at the ceiling with his index fingers on his little chin. "and cherries and grapes too!" Tommie added while clapping his hands.

Thomas looked at Jurri, he could not find the courage to wake up. Instead, he looked at his son and sneaked out from the bed. "Come on, let's make your breakfast and mommy's breakfast too." Both of them went to the kitchen. He remembered the last time he tried cooking; he hopes that he won't burn their kitchen this time.

"Daddy teach me how to cook!" his son said merrily.

"Sure, kiddo." Thomas said.

"Daddy and Tommie are going to cook. C-O-O-K-I-N-G!" Tommie sang the words and spelled 'cooking'. He just smiled at his son's silliness.

Jurri is still enjoying her wonderful dream but her nose smelled something burning. She quickly stood up and looked at the clock. She overslept again. She rushed to the kitchen with the thought that Tommie might have reached the stove and turned it on but another view came into his eyes as she entered the kitchen. It's Thomas who turned the stove on while Tommie is sitting on his high chair looking really happy with his food.

"Morning." She said, grabbing the boys' attention.

"Good morning mommy!"

"Good morning honey!" Thomas and his son greeted her in unison.

"What's for breakfast?" she smiled and looked at Thomas.

She didn't hear any answer from the boys. She observed as Tommie and Thomas exchanged looks then both of them looked at her then they smiled and shook their heads. Thomas looked nervous while their son smiled widely.

"Daddy cooked me cereals!" Tommie shouted and raised his spoon. "We put strawberries and cherries and apples and grapes and sugars too!" Tommie added then continued eating.

Jurri felt happy when Tommie told her that Thomas made him cereals until she heard 'sugar'. She rushed and grabbed a spoon and tasted Tommie's food. She winced as she tasted the cereals, it's too sweet. Maybe that's why Tommie liked it so much but it will just give him tonsillitis.

"I did it again wrong, right?" Thomas asked.

"You shouldn't have added sugar." She said with a smile.