Chapter 13~ The Party

THE PARTY

Thomas stared at his sleeping wife, hoping his questions would be answered. She's been acting very strange lately, not the Jurri she used to know. He felt her moved and snuggled closer to him. He let out a silent sigh, he deserve to be treated like this.

"Good morning..." Thomas looked down and saw his wife smiling sleepily at him.

"Was I really that boring last night?" Jurri's brows furrowed in response and looked at him.

"Last night?" She repeated. He saw Jurri took a peek under the blanket and quickly snapped her head back to him and pressed the blanket in her chest which made him laugh. "Yeah... we kinda did something last night." She added.

"Now, back to my question, was I boring last night?"

"No, you weren't." Jurri said, "You're never boring."

"Yeah right, never boring but you fell asleep right after we reached the top of the world." Thomas said sardonically.

"But I was so... sleepy after that.." She whined, "Sorry though. I should have stayed awake a little longer." It was a lie, because Jurri knew deep from the bottom of her heart that her body collapsed and it was something she can't control.

Thomas gently touched her chin, making her meet his eyes. "Why can't I be mad at you for long?" He said and leaned closer to her, giving her a soft kiss. Just when he was planning to bring her again to the top of the world, his phone rang. Thomas is planning to ignore it but Jurri tried to push him away and so he let go. He stared at his phone, not sure if he'll answer it.

"You should answer it, you know..." Jurri whispered in a chuckle.

"This call should better be good." He commented before answering.

Thomas is disappointed, very disappointed. Because of the stupid call, because he took it, he's force to spend the day to his office. He could not believe what he saw when he arrived at his office. Stephen was there, sitting comfortably on his couch.

Surprise was just an understatement of what Thomas felt when Stephen started to talk about their closed business negotiation. Being the superior of the negotiation, Thomas leaned his back on the swivel chair and the thoughts about his wife last night started to flood.

"Are you and your mind with me, Mchalle?" He heard Stephen hissed.

"No...I mean yes." He said and put his concentration back to what is happening. "As far as I know, the Stephen I used to know doesn't talk about closed negotiations anymore.. I never thought that your pride dared to face me. What happened to the Mt. Everest pride of yours?" Thomas said sardonically.

"Because I'm talking about lives! God damn it!" Stephen exclaimed, punching Thomas' desk, "I want those medicines to be imported in my lab! I need further studies and I would love to do anything you ask... Just please do it." Stephen pleaded.

"Let's say... double percentage share to me." Thomas said with his eyebrows cocked. He knows Stephen would never let him have most of the money. Stephen is a guy who always wants to be fair.

Thomas watched as Stephen went quiet and looked at an empty space away from him. Then he pushed his eyeglasses, exuding seriousness and formality. Thomas smirked; he already knows what his friend's answer would be.

"Yes."

Thomas felt himself shriek down in his chair when he heard Stephen's answer. "Why do you want my partnership so much, Stephen?"