two

The nice breeze flowing past me as he pulled me by the wrist into the garden made my heart flutter. Christian slowed down to a stop at the end of a corridor made of vine covered arching fence. The vines had small white and yellow blossoms speckling them. There were high hedges, creating a maze of passageways that I would definitely not know how to escape. If I wasn't with Christian. He brushes off a bench covered with dead leaves, so covered I didn't see that it was there at first.

"This is breathtaking," I say in awe at my surroundings. Over the hedge behind the bench is the house, which is crawling with beautiful ivy.

"It really is, come sit," he says and takes a seat on the bench. I follow suit and sit next to him on the small bench. He puts his hands together in front of him, so I put my arm across the back of the bench to make us feel less crowded. He slightly shifts into my side, which makes me blush.

"So how old are you, Christian?" I ask.

"I'm 18, my birthday was this past week actually." I frown.

"I missed it..." I say disappointed.

"It's fine, you didn't even know me."

"We still don't know each other, l am surprised you are being so comfortable with me. I mean, we are in your garden!" I gesture to our atmosphere and he smiles.

"I don't know, I just feel like I've met you before. It feels natural to be with you." I feel my stomach clench. Is he flirting with me? Maybe he knows that I dreamt about him.

"How old are you then?"

"Oh, I'm turning 19 next month," I softly smile. His face twists sour.

"Aren't you a senior?" he asks and I nod.

"I was held back a year in first grade. It was bull shit though," I laugh.

"So you wasted an entire year of your life and that's a joke to you?" I chuckle.

"Damn, it's only one year. But if not for that, I would have never been good friends with Jessie. And I may have never met you..." I trail off.

"That's true, I guess." He leans forward and I immediately miss his shoulder pressed to my arm. The wind picks up again and the sound of leaves roaring eases me.

"I have something weird to tell you," he says and I immediately think that he must be a serial killer.

"You're not trying to kill me, are you?" I ask and he snickers.

"No, definitely not. It's about you. Have we... met before?" I stare blankly at him.

"Earlier you said you felt like you met me before, I thought it was a joke. I've never met you before, as far as I know."

"Then can you explain why I saw you in a dream?" My heart stops.

"What?" I ask him, choking on the syllable.

"I was in class, the one before our class together, I fell asleep in there and had a dream."

"Go on," I urge.

"I was drifting in the ocean, but the water was shallow, about waist high. I suddenly hear sloshing in the water, like someone was wading toward me. I open my eyes and sink to my neck, and I look up and see you, just standing there and smiling softly at me. You told me to 'wake up' and I did. It was so weird. Then I saw you in the hall and I tried to play off that I was shocked to see you."

"Yeah, I must have freaked you out, making the face I made."

"Yeah that's why I thought I should ask if you knew me, because you saw me and kind of freaked out."