twentysix

Tuesday, November 18th

The sun glints in my eyes when I eventually awaken. I roll over to find Christian's side of the bed empty. I grab my phone as it reads 7:04 AM. I slip the thin sheet off my body and step over to the slightly drawn curtain at the balcony. I find my boyfriend leaning against the railing with coffee in his hand, his cute ass perked up behind him. It's freezing, but something about him being out here is making me forget. I think back to that day he almost fell and died, making me nervous about him being so close to the edge.

"Good morning," I say, catching his gaze. Christian rakes my half naked self up and down with his eyes, then sets his coffee down on the table. I walk toward him with my hand outstretched, brushing up against his cheek with my fingertips. His eyes follow my every move, so I create an anticipation for what's to come. I trail a finger down the center of his chest, tracing some muscles. I put my arms around him and hug him, feeling up his back and smelling his hair. I can feel his goods with mine, but it's not sexual desire, it's just the simple intimate casualness that makes me feel happy. No more nervousness for me.

I pull far enough away from him that I can see his face again, but stay just close enough that I can meet his lips. For a moment, everything is serene, uninterrupted, bliss.

Then a bunch of car horns in the street below started going off, followed by lots of yelling.

I laugh, releasing his lips and sliding my hands down his sides. "Good morning to you, too, Jaybird," Christian giggles. He swipes his tongue on my lips, leaving the hazelnut flavor on me.

"Where to today, babe?" I ask.

"We are going to, hold on," he said and walked back inside for the schedule. I pop his ass playfully, causing him to run away quickly. He returned very soon and read it off to me. "First, we're leaving here for the One World Trade Center at 11. We will have lunch on the 101st floor, then head back down to the 9/11 memorial and museum. Then we will commute to Liberty Island for obvious reasons, and that's all."

"Sounds so tiring," I groan. "But I am very excited to see the Statue of Liberty. Can you still go inside the crown?"

"Not just anyone can, but we can! We have crown tickets, so we get to climb the stairs to the top!"

"Ugh, stairs." We laugh and head back indoors before we freeze to death. It was nice standing outside and letting my nipples become ice, but that's enough fun for today. I rush to the sheets and roll into them so I can warm the hell up. Christian chuckles and hugs onto me from behind, helping me get warm. We cuddle and kiss for a while, until our hands begin roaming to sensitive places.

So after we jerk each other off, lol, we order some breakfast. We both get oatmeal with fresh fruit. I hate oatmeal but Christian says I can't hate something I haven't tried since I was 7 years old. Turns out, oatmeal is amazing and I am eating it everyday from now on. I try and pretend that it isn't that good, just so Christian won't get the satisfaction of proving me wrong. But he calls my bluff and rubs salt in the wound, I hate it when people prove me wrong.

"The look on your face on the first bite was a tell that you love it," Christian teases.

"Okay, okay. I was wrong, I just remember it being gross. Sorry."

"I'm only teasing, babe. If you don't like something, it's fine."

"Same to you. About anything."

"Anything? Like what?" He caught on to what I meant.

"Well, mainly... sex? I don't want to upset you but I just want you to know. If you never want to actually go... all the way... then I'm okay with that. I don't need it, it's not a deal breaker, and it would never change how I feel about you."