fifteen

My face feels glued to the sheets of Christian's bed as I awaken from my slumber. I sprawl out on my stomach, realizing I'm alone in the bed. Disappointing. I find my phone and unplug it from its charger, checking the time.

10:07 AM

And... I have about 100 texts from Jessie. Also one from Mom saying that it was okay to stay in today. Okay, so I slept well at least. But where is Christian? I look around the room, listen to the bathroom, but no noise whatsoever.

"Christian?" I call throughout the room. He must've went into the lounge area already, not wanting to disturb my sleep. I walk over to the door and consider putting on some clothes, but I know there's no way Christian is dressed waiting on me. I put my briefs on and I walk out and find the door open to the balcony, the soft drizzling sound of rain just outside. I peek my head around the corner to see him sitting in a chair reading an old novel from one of the shelves inside. "Hey babe," I say in a gruff voice, surprising myself at how sexy I can sound.

"Hey," he says, peering up from the book and grinning widely. He is only wearing black boxer briefs, matching me in the amount of clothing we decided to wear.

"You want me to make us some coffee?" I ask.

"Uh, yeah. Sure. I want hazelnut." I answer his request with a smile, turning around and heading back inside. I find the coffee maker and open up the small hazelnut creamer single cup. While I'm fidgeting with controls and starting the brew, I feel hands slide around my waist and breath hit my neck. I lean my head back, my bottom bumping into his middle.

"I was going to say let me go, I have coffee to make, but I couldn't care less right now." I hit start on the brewer and set a cup under it, then turn around to my man. We both have a bit of stubble growing from the last few days, making him look sexier than anyone I've ever laid eyes on. I lean down to meet his lips and push mine against them. I cup his cheek and rub my thumb over his facial hair. I shudder as our rising members touch. Christian's first moan of the morning escapes as I push my middle forward against him.

"Let be modest this morning," he says and I mentally groan, wanting to have a bit of fun. But I just smile, giving him another quick peck on the lips and turning back to the coffee maker, taking the cup and handing it to him. "Thank you, Jaybird."

"Oh, I actually like that. No one has ever called me that before, surprisingly." He laughs.

"That's because I'm a genius," he says cockily, spreading his arms as he walks out onto the balcony once again. I start my own drink and wait for it to finish making. Once I have it, I walk back out and sit in a chair next to him, blowing the coffee to cool it before I sip.

"Is your favorite color still blue, Jay?" Christian says after a moment of silence.

"Yeah, actually."

"It's cool how our old and new memories have combined. I remember your favorite color, your lucky number, your favorite animal, everything useless but at the same time all the little things that make you, you." I smirk, realizing all the same things about him.

"Red, 22, and red pandas." He gaffes in surprise.

"Blue, 4, and red pandas, ha!" We both laugh.

"One day, we need to smuggle a red panda into America, no joke." The rain continues as we continue speaking about old memories. We have no real objective today, so we talk for about an hour, drinking coffee and discussing the book he's reading, reliving the nightmare of him almost falling off the ledge yesterday and eating pop tarts. I feel so warm and fuzzy, all the fluff of this relationship getting to me in the best way. Sharing kisses, telling stories, aspiring about our dream jobs and destinations. I splash him with the rain I caught on my hand, and he punches me playfully, standing and hugging me to torture me as well with the cold liquid. He stays seated on my lap and I begin to nod off as he continues reading his novel.