twentyeight

Thursday, November 20th

"Ugh," I groan, rolling off of the bed onto the floor. "Ow, fucking..." I slump into the floor and mumble as I fall back to sleep.

"Get. Up." Christian nudges my side with his foot and I just mumble that I will in a minute. He brews some coffee while I shuffle my bare chest against the carpet to keep myself awake. We are heading to the Botanical Garden this morning, which is super exciting because I am going to get some nice photos. I love gardens so much, and it makes me want to go back to Christian's house. But I'm in New York right now, so I don't want to go that bad. I wish we'd explore and spend more time in that garden maze.

"Thank you, baby," I say to him with a lazy smile as I sit back on the bed and accept the coffee he made me. I've not thought about it because of the amazing trip, but tomorrow is my birthday. I haven't told Christian when my birthday is exactly, mainly because he never asked. But I think I'll tell him tomorrow, I guess. He'll be mad if he didn't know.

"Are you excited for today? I'm going to wear that new jacket I bought yesterday I think, but I don't know. On the off chance of me being really clumsy, I don't want to get it dirty or anything." He is a pretty big klutz, but I think he'll be fine.

"No, that's perfect. You looked really cute in it. Is the weather better than yesterday?" He shrugs and checks his weather app on his phone. Then he nods enthusiastically.

"The weather is actually looking up, until around 3 am on Saturday. But we're going home Saturday, so it'll be okay." I agree and finish my coffee quickly so I can get ready. I brush my teeth, then again because coffee always makes my mouth taste bad. I still require it sometimes because I need the energy. I was hoping to rely on the energy from excitement everyday, like I used to as a kid. I haven't been on a vacation or a fun trip since I was maybe seven years old. I feel so young again, and maybe I shouldn't say that because I'm only 18. Well, 19 in 24 hours. Sometimes I just feel like an old man.

As I'm getting dressed, I feel Christian's eyes all over me. Or maybe it's just my subconscious, knowing that another set of eyes could be watching as I'm undressing. I turn around quickly and see Christian look away like nothing happened, but I call him out.

"You pervert," I joke, slipping a shirt on.

"I'm sorry that I feel the desire to gaze upon a hottie," he says and I blush. I walk to him speedily and hug him, gaining giggles and screams as I tickle him. I know he loves it when I tickle him, even though he tries to get me to stop. I had a girlfriend once that hated it and we broke up very quickly. I think sense of humor and openness is important to a relationship for me. And thinking back, I want to say I wasted time with dating girls considering I have never felt real sexual attraction to them, but maybe it taught me something. I don't see what exactly.

"We've got to go, you slept too long today! Let me go!" I release him and he fake pouts because I tickled him for too long.

"I'm sorry, okay. I was just trying to liven things up," I say. He laughs and taps a finger to my nose, standing and getting completely dressed. Soon, we are heading out and down to the lobby to meet up with Mr. Nolan and Mrs. Dwyer. Mr. Nolan greets me with a suggestive brow, probably because he saw us in the same bed together last night when he woke me up.

"I trust you slept well last night?" he asks in a whisper voice.

"Yeah, of course," I respond louder, letting him know I'm not talking about whatever he thinks is happening.

"You two shouldn't be... doing anything like that while we are on a school trip. I am trusting it was just sleep, correct?" I blush.

"Yes! We had a rough night, lots of running from clowns, spiderwomen, burning down doors and throwing away a cursed bible. Not to mention the portal to another dimension on the 49th floor and ghost twins. So excuse us for feeling we needed to stick close last night."