twentynine

Friday, November 21st
Jay's Birthday ~

"Awww, I love this place!!" Christian gazes upon the scene in Little Italy. It's still New York, but it's like an entire other country at the same time. There are little shops, restaurants, boutiques, everything. People dressed up, people playing music, and just a general happy place. Mrs. Dwyer dashes away, barely escaping Mr. Nolan's grasp on her collar.

"Ah, shit!" he grumbles and I chuckle. "I've got to go keep an eye on her. You guys be careful and don't do anything illegal!" He runs off in her direction and Christian and I are left alone. He immediately grasps my hand, leading me to a unique clothing store. I am trying so hard to not spend Ethan's money, but I am so tempted. He did give it to me, so it's technically mine now. But I'm giving him his change back, which at the moment, would be nearly $1700, since he gave me a prepaid card with $2000 on it.

"Would I look good in this?" Christian asks about a pastel blue hoodie. It has a small lily embroidered on the right pocket area and has "l'amore è amore" embroidered across the middle of the chest. I translate it on my phone from Italian, and it translates as "love is love." It's really cute, which makes me also want it.

"Yeah, you'd look great. I'm jealous, I really like it as well." He frowns a bit and looks on the rack behind it.

"They don't have your size... in blue. But they do in the pastel pink!" I giggle at his enthusiasm.

"Okay, I'll get pink and we can match." He looks taken aback for a second then grins.

"You, wearing pink? I'm in love." He snatches it from the rack and continues to peruse. I want to go to other shops and find something weird to buy. Maybe in Chinatown, we will do more of the souvenir shopping. Christian decides it'd be best to not get a lot of clothes because we'd have to carry it all, so we check out and change. The moment he sees me in the hoodie, he freaks, giggling and hugging me. I don't understand why it surprises him that I'd wear pink, I don't really care. It has nothing to do with being gay, and I've never agreed with "gender normalities" so I think it can't hurt to wear some pink. It's just a color.

"I don't know, I like it but I think it draws too much attention. I kind of hate attention." Christian shakes his finger at me.

"If you are going to be with me, get used to some attention! Don't worry about other people, their opinions shouldn't matter to you."

"They don't! I just don't like stares. I feel eyes on me all the time."

"Because they're jealous that you look super cute!" I blush.

"Okay, lets go. Before you grab the intercom mic and tell everyone to look at me more." I take his hand and pull him along with me out of the door. I look like a ghost wearing a pink hoodie. The rest of my clothing is black, so it just emphasizes. It probably looks great, but I intend to not look great for the sole purpose of blending in. I understand trying to stand out and look cute for other guys, but I'm not looking for other guys. But other guys sure are looking for me... hot ones. I've never felt desired by other guys before, it's weird and new.

"Hey, let's go eat there!" Christian points to a random restaurant among the masses of others. "It's says here the reviews are great."

"Okay, babe," I say loud enough for some guy wandering closely behind me to hear. I don't mean to assume he was going to hit on me, but if so, he knows I'm taken now. Honestly, we're holding hands and wearing matching hoodies, we're definitely dating. Some people couldn't care less about respecting a relationship. I'm not in this to fuck around, I'm in it for my boyfriend. By "it" I mean love. I don't play games. Maybe it was easier for me, to fall in love.