seven

"Jay?" I hear Mom say as she knocks on the door, waking me up.

"Just a minute, Mom!" I call to her through the door in my sleepy state. I check my phone quickly and see we have slept for a good 3 hours.

"I just want to know if you guys wanna get some lunch."

"That'd be great, Mom. We'll be out in a minute. Thank you." She says okay and I hear her step away, relieving me. I didn't want her to walk in and Christian feel awkward at all or anything. I nudge his shoulder softly, gaining a sharp breath from his sleepy but cute face. I run my nails down his bare side, and he shuddered at the sensation.

"Hey," he finally woke up.

"Hey, Mom is offering for us to get lunch, if you wanna come. If you don't want to go, I can tell her you'll stay here. And I can get you something."

"I can come, it's fine. I don't need you to worry about me so much." I scoff a little at his remark.

"I'm not protecting you, I just thought you could possibly be uncomfortable. I am just trying to accommodate you. I'll leave you alone from now on, but just– don't think you have no choice. Okay?"

"Thank you. But I'd like to go out with you guys, maybe we can talk about stuff. And things."

"Yeah, real interesting, Christian."

"Shut up," he punches my arm playfully. I take his hand and lock my fingers into his. We laugh for a moment and then both go quiet. We then both look into each other's eyes simultaneously, which makes me blush. I close my eyes quickly and shake my head, smiling at him.

"Let's go, huh?" I ask, suppressing my wild urge to kiss him again for the millionth time.

"Y-yeah, let's go." We stand from the bed and I pull on my shirt and hoodie. I decide to not hold his hand for the outing with Mom. I just want to ensure he isn't pushed into anything, and he doesn't feel awkward. We made our way into the living room to meet Mom.

"Ready to go?" Mom asked us and we both nodded. She gave us an odd look and fixed our hair, "What'd you guys do, nap?"

"Uh, yeah. I didn't sleep much last night and I got up at about 5 this morning to get Christian."

"Me too, we've both been up since 5 this morning, so we kind of passed out. Tried playing video games, but got tired."

"Well, okay then. Where do you guys want to go eat?"

"Ooh, let's go to that diner with th-the, the fries!" I said and Mom snaps her fingers in agreement.

"Ooh, yeah, the fries. Okay, let's hit the road."

"Hey, can I see if Jessie wants to meet us there and eat with us? She'd kill me if we ate the fries without her again."

"Okay," she says and Christian finally bursts.

"What are the fries!" he exclaims and Mom and I look at each other, then laugh.

"Don't be upset, you'll find out when we get them. They're amazing!" I tell him and he pouts but nods his head. I put my arm over his shoulders as I laugh, reminding myself that I am about 4 inches taller than him, even though he's near 6 feet tall. We all head out of the door, hungrier than I was before, because being around Christian makes my stomach twist.