Chapter 7

Abigail's Highschool, New York, 3:00pm, General POV,

After school, Riley headed home, while Smackle, Zay, Farkle, and Lucas went to Topanga's. Maya and Gabe stayed at school, and walked to detention. As they strolled in, Mr. Matthews looked up from the board, "You two! You're why I'm not home right now with my wife," He said.

"Well, wouldn't you rather spend your time with us?" Gabe smirked.

"No!"

"Relax Matthews, go home. We can stay here by ourselves, we're just gonna work on our project for your class," Maya chimed in.

"No! I'm not letting you two out of my sight. Especially you," He told them and pointed to Gabe.

"Woah, what did I do?" He asked.

"I've been here before. This was how Rucas happened, I'm not letting it happen now with you two."

"Hey, I'm still trying to get over my ex," Gabe claimed.

"Yeah, and I like boing," Maya added.

"No, I'm going to sit here, and you two sit there. Cha?" He declined their offer.

"Cha," They replied.

They sat down and began taking out notebooks.

"So, why are you heartbroken?" Gabe asked.

"Birth dad left my mom and I when I was younger," She confessed.

"That's harsh, but you turned out alright, didn't you?"

"I don't know, it still hurts. I used to stay up at night wondering what it was that I did to make him leave." She looked into his eyes as she confided to him.

"Hey, it wasn't your fault. Sometimes things happen."

"And people leave.."

"Maya..I never knew this side of you, it's so soft."

"Well now you know. So what are you gonna do? Tease me?"

"No, of course not, I'm just a little surprised, that's all."

She crossed her arms, "What happened between you and her?"

"She dumped me."

"You? The one who got dumped? Nah," She smirked, sarcastically.

"Shut up," He replied, playfully.

"Anyways, you know why she dumped you?"

"I was moving. I was okay with a long distance relationship, she wasn't."

"Harsh, how'd she take it when you told her?"

"She told me she'd 'think about it', then what do you know? A week later, she dumps me."

"Oof, are you guys still friends?"

"I don't know, I mean I haven't talked to her in a week, and it just hurts to talk to her now."

"I know how you feel, I used to wait for dad to come back home every night, I would hope that maybe one day he'll be back. I'd stay up just to wait for him. But he never came back.."

"I'm sorry Maya."

"Don't be. It's not your fault."

"I can't believe I'm being so dramatic about a breakup while you're hurt because someone left you. My pain is nothing compared to yours."

"Yeah, you're a drama queen and I'm a warrior."

"Well, you're definitely a warrior, but I'm no drama queen."