Chapter 9

Duncan's house, New York, 6:00pm, Gabe's POV

 I'm watching TV in the living room, we finally finished unpacking...Mostly. It took 2 hours but the living room, and kitchen are done. My bed's in, so I guess that's good. I hear the doorbell ring, I stay watching TV.

"Gabe, can you get it?" My mom calls.

"Fine," I reply, and reluctantly get up off the couch.

I walk over to the door and open it.

"Hey Gabe," They greeted me.

"Teddy, how's NYU?" I respond.

"Great, great."

"Who's this?" I motion to the guy next to her.

"Josh."

"By any chance, Josh Matthews?"

"Yeah, nice to meet you," He answered.

"I've heard about you," I say.

I let them in, and close the door. Teddy sits on the couch with Josh. I stay standing.

"You have?" He asked.

"Yup, and I heard you pulled the 3 years older card on a certain someone," I respond.

"Gabe! Manners," Teddy scolded me. I ignored her.

"Where'd you hear that?" He asked.

"From her," I reply.

"Who's 'her'?" Teddy wondered aloud.

"Maya," I answer.

"I heard you told her that you'd live your life, and she'd live her's. And that you know that eachother are out there. And that 'eventually'," I question him, raising an eyebrow.

"That is true," He admitted.

"You know you're hurting her, right?"

"How so?"

"Gabe, stop interrogating him," Teddy hissed at me.

"You're leading her on, when will you get that?" I told Josh, completely pushing aside Teddy's comment.

"I guess, but it's not intentional. She's 15, I'm 18."

"So? She's 15, but she's so smart, and kind, and funny..Not to mention her eyes..Those sapphire oceans.." I stop myself, did I just say those things aloud? I slap a hand over my mouth. 

"That's true, but I just..I'm not ready for that kind of relationship." He didn't seem to think anything of what I just rambled, good. They didn't notice.

"Then let her know. You're hurting her more by giving her false hope."

"I can't. It'll crush her."

"Suit yourself."

I leave them alone, and walk upstairs to my room. I run a hand through my hair, why was I just being so protective of Maya? Yeah, we're friends, but that interrogation I pulled on Josh made it seem like I was dating Maya or something. But we're not dating, we're just friends, good friends. Should I tell Maya about my conversation with Josh? Maybe.

Matthews house, New York, 7:00pm, General POV

"I'm getting another new student tommorow," Mr. Matthews announced at the dinner table.

"Another one?" Topanga needed clarification. She couldn't believe her ears, two new students? Two times the more drama?

"Yes, it's a girl too."

"More friends!" Riley exclaimed.

"Tell us about her," Maya said.

"At her last school, she was a straight A+ student, she moved here with her whole family, she has a dog and two puppies," Cory told them.

"Another genius, eh?" Maya commented.

"Maya, you never know," Riley told her best friend.

"What's her name?" Riley asked.

"I forget, she'll be at school tomorrow," Cory replied.

"Interesting," Maya chimed in.

"We got a new student today too!" Auggie told everyone.

"Ooh, what's her name?" Riley asked.

"Charlie, it's short for Charlotte."

"Does she have a last name?"

"Of course! It's Duncan."

"Duncan? Did she mention a brother?" Maya asked.

"Yeah, she said her little brother is annoying. And her older brother is who she talks to more. Her older sister is studying at NYU, and her oldest brother is still in Denver, he's at culinary school," Auggie answered.

"Any names?"

"Toby is her younger brother. Her older sister is Teddy, and her oldest brother is PJ, which stands for Potty John."

"Potty John?" Riley and Maya started laughing.

"Oh, they changed it to Patrick John."

"Didn't you say she had another older brother?"

"Oh yeah, his name is Gabe."

"So he has a big family.." Maya mumbled to herself.

"She," Auggie corrected her.

"Oh I was talking about..Her older brother," Maya clarified. She smiled to herself. From what Auggie told her, Gabe sounded like a caring older brother. She didn't expect him to have such a soft side, let alone a huge family. 

Then she reminded herself that she only liked Josh. And that Gabe's just a friend, a good friend.

Oooooooh, who do u guys think the new girl is? Leave your guesses in the comments below! Thank you for reading and voting! I hope you enjoyed this chapter, I'll see you in the next one (which will be up next Friday), byeeeeee!