Chapter 30

A few days later...

Abgail's High school, New York, 9:15am, General POV

Now that Riley was back to her usual self, everything seemed to be balanced again. They thought all the drama had ended, oh no, it has merely just paused. The group of teens walked to their lockers, relieved that they could continue their daily lives as normal, or as normal as they can be. That is, minus Lucas. It seemed like his entire life had been flipped, he lost Riley, Maya, almost all his friends. But Zay stuck by him, he was his best friend after all. As for Farkle, he was let back into the group, but Isadora ignored him, as if he was invisible. Riley did too, which was out of character for her.

• • • • •

As the now group of 5.5, (Zay was there usually only half the time now) entered the classroom, they saw Lucas with a distraught look on his face. He smiled weakly at the group before shifting his gaze back to his book which sat on his desk. Farkle, along with other members of the group felt bad for him. They had all just broken the one promise they had made, the 6 of us will always be friends. But let's be honest, that promise had been broken since Farkle kissed Riley.

Everyone took their seats. No one spoke a word. What was there to say? Forgiveness was hard to come by, and that was proven when Mr. Matthews had them do, "The Forgiveness Project" last year. Mr. Matthews walked in, and began speaking.

"I know it's been a rough few weeks, high school's really taking a toll on all of us, huh. But I have some good news for you guys," He told them.

"Like what? What could possibly make this situation better, dad?" Riley questioned.

"Two words: School dance. And it's Friday. It'll be a refreshing break for everyone."

"You promise?"

"Riley, I can't--" But her eyes were still filled with despair, despite being back to her cheery self.. "I promise."

"Yay!"

"Alright, so I'll admit, the last two assignments, were more life lessons and skills, so we'll be leading about something more history related today."

"Belgium 1831?" Farkle asked.

"Not yet. We'll be learning about..."

But everyones' minds were drifting off, thinking about the dance. Gabe was thinking about asking Maya, but he wanted it to be different, something she'd never seen before. Riley wondered about her outfit and the theme of the dance. Maya thought about if Gabe would ask her. Surprise, surprise, Zay was thinking about the cookies that could possibly be there. Avery, kept pushing away the reoccurring thought that Gabe could ask her to the dance. Lucas wondered if everyone would forgive him, as did Farkle. Smackle, she didn't care much for dances, and after Farkle did that to her, she cared less about dances. 

Why couldn't Friday come sooner?

This is like a filler chapter, I guess. I know its really sucky and short, so I'm gonna update again later today.
I hope you enjoyed this chapter anyway. Thanks for reading and voting, I'll see you in the next chapter, byee!