Chapter 22

Matthews' Household, New York, 3:30pm, General POV

Maya glanced between the window where Farkle sat outside, and the bedroom door where Riley ran out from. She turned to Farkle, and mouthed, Sorry, before sprinting after Riley.

Farkle was hurt, he could barely comprehend what just happened. Why had Riley run away? Why did Maya not let him in? These were just a few of the many questions that swarmed around in his mind. He leaned back onto the railing and played with his jacket zipper. He had made a mistake, one that would cost him 2 friends, and his girlfriend. The look on Smackle's face when she was informed about the 'incident', kept flashing into his mind each time he shut his eyes. She was beyond hurt, she had been damaged, her once pure relationship with him, gone. It was now one filled to the brim with questions and uncertainty. "Was this all apart of growing up?" Farkle asked himself. Then he thought for a bit before answering, "If it is, I don't want to grow up." And with that, he left the apartment, returning to his large but lonely bedroom in his own home.

"Riley! Where are you?" Maya called out. Topanga looked at her with concern.

"What happened?" She asked.

"Farkle kissed Riley."

Topanga looked as if she knew exactly what was going on at this moment. She shook her head, disappointed.

"Where's Riley?"

"I don't know, I'm looking for her right now."

"It's getting dark, do you want me to come with you?"

"No, it's okay. You have to stay home with the little ones." Maya was just about to dash out the door when Topanga responded,

"But you have to go with someone. You cannot go alone. Your mother may not be here all the time, so you're practically one of my own. And I will make sure all my children are safe at all times." Maya smiled at this, Topanga had always been a mother figure to her, especially when her own mother wasn't always around like when she was working at the Nighthawk Diner.

Maya contemplated in her head who to bring along with her. It didn't take her long before she knew exactly who to bring.

"I'll get Gabe to tag along."

"Okay, but I want all three of you back here, tonight. Okay?"

"Okay."

Maya ran out the door and dashed down the stairs. She began sprinting to the subway station to get to his house, but didn't have to go far until she spotted him. He sat in Topanga's, playing on his phone. She rushed in, panting and out of breath when she reached him.

"Is something wrong?" He asked.

"Riley...--Ran...--Away..." She panted, taking in a huge breath of air and letting it out.

"Riley ran away?" She nodded her head. "Well, let's go find her!"

Maya smiled at this, and took his hand in hers.

"Let's go."

They ran for the subway, looking all around for Riley. While Maya panted, Gabe was fine. He played baseball when he lived in Denver and wasn't nearly at all tired as he had sprinted lap after lap during practices.

"Where is she?! Gabe!" Maya panicked. She was usually levelheaded, but she was beginning to freak out. Her best friend had never once pulled such a shenanigan like this in her lifetime!

"Maya, calm down! Everything will be okay," He assured her, resting his hands on her shoulders.

"No Gabe, I can't calm down! You know why?! Because my best friend is somewhere in New York City! By herself, at night! Anywhere in New York City! I have no idea where she is, Gabe!" She leaned her head into his chest, beginning to wimper. She was an Amazon Warrior, but even warriors have their kryptonite, her's was the safety and well being of her best friend. He wrapped an arm around her, and whispered, "We'll find her, Maya. We just have to stay levelheaded. Okay?"

She nodded to his soothing voice, and replied, "But how do we find her? She could be anywhere in New York City. Where are we supposed to look first?"

"Well, she seems like the type to hold onto milestones, so let's start there. Where is one huge milestone in her life?"

"You're a genius! C'mon!" She bolted towards the different subways after leaving his grasp. He treaded alongside her, matching her every step.

"Where are we going?" He asked.

"You'll see!" She answered, and picked up her pace.

Oh no! Where did Riley go? Find out in the next chapter! I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, thanks for reading, voting, and commenting! I definitely enjoyed reading all your comments, they were so sweet, and many of them were hilarious and made me laugh. So thank you for commenting! :)
And I'll see you in the next chapter, Byeee!