Chapter 19

Abigail's Highschool, New York, 9:20pm, General POV

After Mr. Matthews was finished talking, Avery let herself give in to her feelings. To let them guide her. She felt her head lift up, stare straight ahead, then turn slightly to the side. In the end, her gaze ended on Gabe. No, I can't. That was so long ago. We were 10, it was puppy love. There's no way I could still have feelings for him. No way he might still have those same feelings for me. She thought. She couldn't help but gaze longingly at him, for every minute she stared, another forgotten reason why she liked him returned. 

Then she noticed he was talking to Maya. He told her she was beautiful, and they teased eachother, saying as if they had feelings for eachother. Avery was jealous, she missed when he used to joke like that with her. He moved on. I should've too. Why didn't I? Maybe we're meant to be? No, if that were true, I wouldn't have fallen so hard for Wes. Wes...

She turned to Lucas, who was staring at her. He wanted to leave me in his past. Why do I have to get these boys?! First Gabe, then Dustin, and here Wes! When will it end? When will I finally find true love? Or..Have I already found it?

"I like you Gabe!" She blurted. Right after she said that, she slapped a hand over her mouth. Gabe turned around to look at her, his expression was priceless. His eyes widened. Maya on the other hand, had her jaw dropped open.

"I like you, Gabe," Avery said to herself.

"You what?" Gabe asked, shocked.

"I..I like you," She answered.

Maya looked at Gabe, her eyes full of suspense, she wanted him to say he didn't feel the same way about Avery. She may have even had hope

"Avery.. I had feelings for you, but--" He started, but he was cut off when Maya got up and bolted out of the classroom.

"I'm sorry, I don't feel the same way anymore," He finished. Then he sprinted after Maya, determined to get to her.

Avery was left dumbfounded, she just accidentally confessed her love, but was met with rejection. She got up from her seat and also left the classroom. 

"Dad, why are you letting them leave?" Riley asked.

"You'll see," He replied.

Lucas and Farkle both began to get up. "Honey, where are you going?" Smackle asked Farkle.

"To help a friend," He replied.

"No, I'm going to help her," Lucas countered.

"You told her she was only your past," Zay blurted.

"You what?!" Riley shouted. "Lucas, are you not who I thought you were? How many secrets are you keeping from me?"

She also left out the classroom. "Riley! Wait, I can explain!" Lucas called and ran after her.

"I'm going to help Avery," Farkle declared and left out the classroom.

"What is going on? I'm so lost!" Smackle stated.

"Vanesssaaaa!" Zay yelled.

Switch to Maya and Gabe..

He finally found her, she was standing by a wall. She held a bottle of spray paint in her hand, and was shaking it. Every once in a while, a tear would slip out from her eyes. "Maya?" Gabe started.

"Go away!" She snapped at him.

"Maya, you didn't let me finish what I was going to say to her."

"I know how it ends, Gabe. Trust me, I know. I've been there before." More tears began flowing, she had to choke them back.

"This is different, just like how you and I are different from the goody-twoshoes."

"I thought you were different. But once again, I'm wrong."

"How do you know that?"

"How do I know that? How do I know that you won't leave me too?! How do I know that you're worth it?! How do I know that you really care?! How do I know that you'll be there for me?! How do I know...How do I know that...That hope isn't for suckers?" She choked on the last words, tears rolled down her cheeks.

"Because..Because This.." He leaned in and pressed his lips on hers. She was surprised for sure, but she felt herself kiss back. Tears were still flowing, but were minimalizing. Neither of them could deny the Sparks they felt, or the fireworks that cackled wildly around them. After they pulled away, he grinned while asking, "Does that answer your question?"

"Yes," She replied, and smiled.

"What do we do now?"

"This?" She leaned in, so did he. But at the last second, she pulled away and sprayed him. She sprayed a heart shape with the paint on his shirt. 

"Hey!" He exclaimed.

"Yes?" She asked, trying to play innocent.

"I hate you."

"Sure you do." She smiled and wrapped her arms around him. He gave in and hugged her back, a wide grin on his face. Without her knowing, he had taken the spray paint bottle from her. When they pulled away, she noticed it was gone.

"Where did--" She started. But Gabe had already started spraying her.

 "Stop! Gabe, stop!" She squealed. 

"What are you gonna do if I don't?" He smirked.

"This!" She jumped on him, the bottle fell from his hands as his reflexes reacted and he held her to keep her from falling.

"Well played, Hart."

"Touché, Duncan."

Hehe, I hope the Gaya/Mabe shippers enjoyed this chapter! I hope all of you enjoyed this chapter! Haha I know some parts were cringey, trust me, I cringed quite a bit while reading this chapter... And every story I've ever written on Wattpad. Writing kissing scenes still makes me uncomfortable. I still don't understand how people can write lemons. No hate to them though, everyone has unique writing styles! This author's note is becoming too long so I'm gonna end it here, thanks for reading and voting, see you in the next chapter, byeeeeee!