Chapter 15

Topanga's, New York, 4:27pm, General POV

"Now that you know my heartbreak, tell me about yours," Smackle said.

"Ladies first," Charlie insisted.

"Okay, well I guess it was when Lucas and Maya were sorta a thing. It hurt to see them together, but I backed off because Maya did it for me before," Riley confessed.

"But you and Lucas ended up together in the end, isn't that closure?" Smackle asked.

"In a way yes, but I think Riley's closure includes Maya finding love as well. Am I correct?" Charlie answered.

"Exactly. I want Maya to also find love. And a two-sided love. Not like with Josh which was a one-sided love. After that, I'll have my closure," I respond.

"I think Gabe can help both of you out with that," Smackle said.

"Yeah, I think he can," Riley agreed. He and Maya have been getting along quite well together.

"Well, I have to admit, I do ship Gaya," Charlie confessed.

"Me too. Gaya, it sounds unique," Smackle agreed.

"It does, doesn't it. Just like Topanga, it's a unique name. I ship it too," Riley chimed in.

At 6:15pm.. Riley's POV

"Hey, we should all head home now, it's getting pretty late. You guys want a ride?" I offered.

"Sure," They replied.

Dad pulled up in the parking lot and we all got in the car. Surprisingly, Smackle and Charlie live around Maya's place. As we neared Maya's apartment, I saw her and Gabe. They were hugging, I had to squeal, "Gaya is OTP!"

Everyone in the car laughed, including me. I saw Maya go into her apartment, Gabe's house is probably pretty far from her's so I told dad to pull over. I got out of the car.

"Hey Gabe, I saw you dropping off Maya, need a lift home?" I ask.

"Sure, that'd be great," He replied.

We both got into the car. He sat in the back with Smackle and Charlie, while I sat in the passenger seat. We started driving off into the night, dropping everyone off one by one.

Avery's house, New York, 5:47pm, Avery's POV

"So..." I start.

"So.." He continued.

This was all we were doing for two hours. Two freaking hours! I refused to tell him my heartbreak until tommorow, he kept persisting but I stayed strong. Apparently his was about Riley and Charlie and blah blah blah. I couldn't hear anything over my heartbreak, he didn't even mention that he missed me or anything. It was as if after he left, I didn't exist to him anymore.

"You really don't remember me?" I ask.

"Nope," He replied.

"Then that's my heartbreak. That's my pain."

He looked down, I know he remembers me. He just doesn't want to admit it.

"Avery...After I left Pasadena.." He started.

"Don't. I don't want your pity apologies," I cut him off.

"I'm sorry...It's just--"

"I said don't. Just forget we ever met. Forget that Halloween, and that dance."

"I'm trying to say--"

"You moved on. I get it."

He put a finger on my lips.

"What I was trying to say is...It hurt when I left you. We were starting 7th grade, and my heart couldn't take the pain. So I tried to put my past behind me. Isn't that what you did as well."

He moved his finger away after he finished.

"Well yeah, but then I let people from my past back into my life because..Because you can't leave everyone behind." That's what Gabe told me, 'I can't leave everyone behind in my past.'

"So you know Gabe?"

"Yeah, we used to go to school together in Denver. I used to hit him all the time."

"Wow, you were violent."

"Yeah..But I changed my ways after I moved to Pasadena."

 I'm not telling him I used to like Gabe, because Gabe and I don't feel that way about eachother anymore.

"Oh.."

"You can leave me in your past, if you want. But I'm not leaving you in my past, I still remember you, and us."

"Thank you."

Just like that? I'm still just going to be part of his past? I was wrong about him..Maybe he isn't who I thought he would still be.

"I think you should go, it's getting late," I suggest.

"Uh..Yeah. Bye Avery," He responded, and got up to leave.

 He started towards the door, then looked back at me. Instead of coming back and saying that we don't have to pretend like we never met, he walked out the door. I guess he really is leaving us in his past.

Ack! This chapter was kinda sucky, apologies for that! And I'll be updating again soon! I hope you enjoyed this chapter, and I shall see you in the next one, byeeee!