Chapter 21

Matthews' house, New York, After school, General POV

As soon as Riley shut her front door, she turned to Maya. "Maya, bay window. Bay window right now," She said. Maya nodded and they headed into Riley's bedroom.

Once they got there, Maya plopped down on her side, while Riley slammed her window shut and locked it. "Why'd you do that Riles?" Maya asked.

"Because, he'll come," She replied and narrowed her eyes at "he".

"Okay Sweetie, what do you wanna talk about?"

"Farkle kissed me. He kissed me. We both are in relationships yet he kissed me. This is almost as outrageous as parties that start at 10!"

Maya laughed, "Riles, that's just what Farkle does. Remember the time he kissed my nose? He's acting like as if he was our brother. Well, hopefully as brother."

"But he kissed me. On the lips. Why?!"

"Because he loves you Riley, he loves both of us."

"But what about Smackle? She was so hurt."

"I don't know, Riles."

They looked away, then Riley raised a brow at Maya who was currently smiling like crazy.

"Peaches, why are you so smiley? I thought that was my job." Riley laughed when she said this.

"Oh, no reason."

"Gasp, TELL ME!"

"Gasp, no. Also, who says 'Gasp' out loud?" Maya laughed at her own joke.

"I do. Lemme guess...Somebody just got their first....Kiss!"

"Whaaaat?? Noooo....Yeah.."

"Oh my gosh! Was it with Gabe?! I bet it was!"

"Yup."

"Oh my gosh, how was it?! Was it like this?" Riley spun around and started moving her arms around her back, mimicking what a makeout would look like from an angle.

"No, we didn't make out. He just kissed me."

"Did he grab your face and kiss you, like Lucas almost did? Or did he do it when you grabbed his shirt like Farkle who kissed your nose did?"

"Neither. He just leaned in, and BOOM!"

"Smooth.."

"And I know this sounds cliché, especially for me but I felt actual sparks when we kissed. And I swear I heard fireworks."

"Oh my gosh Maya! Yesss!"

"What?"

"GAYA IS CONFIRMED!!! GAYA IS REAL!!! YASSSS!! MABE!!! YEEET!!!"

"You're so weird, Riles."

"Yup, and you just had your first kiss! Mwah, mwah, mwah!"

"Oh hush."

"So are you two boyfriend and girlfriend now?"

"No..Not yet." Maya felt a smile tickle her lips, it was unusual of her to be so gushy about a boy.

"Ooooh! But soon! Mark my words Maya Penelope Hart, you and Gabriel Duncan will become boyfriend and girlfriend!" Riley stood up as she said that and looked up to the ceiling with her hand forming a fist.

"Okay, Riles." Maya laughed at her quirky friend.

Riley plopped back down in her seat and stared off into space for what seemed like merely 30 seconds until she eventually snapped back to reality.

"NO!" She exclaimed.

"What? What's wrong Riles?" Maya asked, concerned.

"I just remembered..Lucas and Farkle. Maya, what do I do?!"

"Just tell Lucas the kiss with Farkle meant nothing, everything's gonna be okay."

"You're right, that's all I have to do...But.."

"But?"

Riley was about to respond, when a laugh could be overheard coming from outside the window. Maya whipped around to see what the commotion was. Meanwhile Riley dove to the floor in a desperate attempt to escape in case it was Lucas or Farkle.

"Gabe! You eavesdropper! How long were you here, and why?!" Maya demanded at him after opening the window.

"Chill, I was only here for like two minutes," He smirked.

"What did you hear?"

"Oh nothing, just you saying 'butt'."

"You are so immature! And I said 'but' with one t not 'butt' with two t's."

"Ha, but you just said 'butt' with two t's."

"Shut up!" She started pushing him away from the window while he bursted into laughter. He left afterwards and Riley returned to the bay window.

"MABE. GAYA. I. SHIP. IT." Riley whisper-shouted after Gabe had left. Maya slapped her lightly on the arm but was also slightly blushing at the mentions of their ship names.

"Anyways, I'm sure you're happy it wasn't Farkle or Ranger Rick," Maya told Riley.

"Yeah, back to sunshine land! Now, let's go play--" She was interrupted by a knock on the window. Farkle sat there, with a distraught look plastered on his face. Riley jumped up out of her seat dashed to her bedroom door, swung it open and darted out as fast as he could. Maya turned to Farkle who sat outside the window, looking heartbroken. Maya wanted to let him in and help, but she also knew she needed to help Riley, who had just fled her own bedroom. She had to decide..Riley or Farkle?

CLIFFHANGER!! Muahahaha--*cough*-hahahaha XD
Thanks for reading and voting, we're at 158 votes so far, YAY!! And we're at 3.68k reads, unbelievable! In a good way though, lol. Thank youuuu!!
I hope you enjoyed this chapter, see you in the next one, byeee!