Chapter 37

Duncan Household, New York, 8:00pm, General POV

"I don't understand, isn't it a good thing that she asked you?" Bob asked Gabe as he vented.

"Yes, but now she'll think I had no intention of asking her! And, I was shook that she asked me so my reply wasn't enthusiastic!"

"You're overthinking it, Gabe. Its not a big deal."

"Not a big deal..Not a big deal? Taco Tuesdays are 'Not a big deal', this is a huge deal! Im going to the dance with the first girl that I like-like after Lauren crushed my heart! And I didn't sound interested enough, romance is so complicated!"

"Calm down, son. Here, sit." He patted the seat next to him on the couch. Gabe sat down. "Son, there is only 1 thing that matters at this dance. Do you know what it is?"

"What you wear? If you sounded interested enough when you accepted an invitation to the dance by your dream girl?" He was stunned, did he just call her his 'dream girl'?

"No and no. The only thing that matters is having fun with your friends. Look, Maya seems like a good 'rebellious' girl, and I'm sure she didn't over think so much like you did. Im actually surprised a 'bad boy' like you is so flustered by this."

"You're right, dad. As long as I'm with my friends, the dance will go smoothly."

Wails came from upstairs, "Right. Good talk, I'm gonna go change Toby's diaper now."

"Thanks dad."

"Anytime, son." He got up and headed upstairs towards the cries.

Charlie entered the living room, "When is mommy gonna be home?" She asked.

"She'll be home soon. She's just doing table reads today," Gabe answered.

"Table reads? As in, reading the table?"

"No, they're looking over lines..I think. You should ask mom when she gets home."

"Will do." And with that, she grabbed the iPad on the coffee table and went to her room.

Gabe ran a hand through his hair, "I'm not letting my ask go to waste."

Jennings-James Household, New York, 9:00pm, General POV

"And done," Avery spoke as she tied the final stitch on Riley's dress. She smiled at her work then hung it up on a hanger next to Maya's. She then flopped onto her bed and fell asleep immediately.

Stan crept in and pulled the covers over her, "Good night Avery," He whispered then left the room. He went downstairs to the computer and began typing on his blog:

Avery's going to her first school dance in a new state on Friday! And Chloe's doing her hair. I wish I could go too, but I'm not allowed to.
In other news, Freddie and Gracie learned their first trick today, and Robert helped them. I'm a proud father.
Also, if anyone knows how to silence a BMX bike without breaking it, it'd be greatly appreciated. Tyler's been practicing overnight, and he always chooses the loudest paths to bike on."

He heard a doorknob turn and quickly switched off the monitor. He hopped onto the floor.

"Stan, you're still awake? You've got more energy than me," Bennett said as he walked across the room to the kitchen for another cup of coffee.

Stan hurried back to the computer.

Bennett's been writing his new novel and for some reason prefers writing at night. Makes it hard to write my blbjdieuwh

Benett yawned as he walked back to his office. Once he heard the door shut, Stan went back to the computer.

Blog. He keeps coming outside for more coffee. I thought cafine stunned your growth. At least, that's what Ellen tells Avery. Shes been the same height since she was 11.

The staircase creaked and Ellen came down the stairs, she opened the door to his office. "Bennett, you've been writing for hours. Go get some sleep, or you might not be al-write, haha good one Ellen," She told him.

"I'll be fine, Ellen."

"Dont you mean fineprint, haha good one Ellen." Bennett laughed.

"Oh maybe I should get some sleep, I'm laughing at your jokes." He got up and started for the door.

"Or maybe my jokes are getting better."

"No, I think I need to sleep." They were climbing the stairs by now.

"You're just in denial that I'm the funnier parent."

"I don't think I'm the one in denial here."

By now, they were far enough away to not be able to see Stan. He jumped back up onto the chair and started writing again.

"Now where was I?" He wondered aloud.

Heyy! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Lowkey almost forgot to update today, lmao.

Anyways, guess who had to read their story to the class today? Me, thats who. IT WAS ABSOLUTELY TERRIFYING, and I was still nervous and panicky afterwards. Especially because I switched topics and restarted literally the day before. And by the day before, I mean at 9pm. Ahhh I HATE public speaking!! Legit, I'd rather write a test than do a 5+ minute speech/presentation to the class.

Now onto something much happier, GLW HAS 400+ VOTES. OH MY GAWD. THANK YOU SO SO SO MUCH!!! It genuinely means so much to me, and I truly cannot thank you enough!! Wattpad is seriously the most supportive and kind online community I've encountered. When I saw that we were up to 400 votes, I legit posted to my message board at 2am lol! Safe to say, I went to bed overjoyed that night. Or would it be morning? Hmm..
Anyways, thank you, thank you, thank you again! Have a fantabulous day, beautifuls! ❤

I hope you enjoyed this chapter, and I'll see you in the next one, byeee!

P.S. If you want me to check out your story, feel free to drop a comment here :)