Chapter 24

Matthews' Household, New York, 10:00pm, General POV

"Cory, they're still not home," Topanga told him, beginning to worry.

"They'll be home  soon, Riley's curfue is 10:05pm, she wouldn't disobey us," Cory reassured her.

"Mommy, I don't wanna play with Ava anymore," Auggie complained. Topanga looked at Auggie, sympathetically.

"I should go. I'm not wanted...As we're not together anymore," Ava responded and began to get up to leave.

"Topy, can you do that thing we always do, one last time?" Ava asked, her eyes full of hope.

"Of course," Topanga answered. She scooped up Ava, and they cheered, "Wheee!" before Topanga dropped her off outside their door and shut it.

Beyond the door, Ava touched their door and mumbled, "I guess forever isn't real." And with that, she walked home. How is it possible to have your heartbroken at age 8?

Auggie moped from inside the Matthews' home, he went straight for the chocolate cake. As soon as he received it, he face planted right into it.

"Auggie, you wanna talk?" Topanga asked, gently. Auggie lifted his head, but only for a moment to shake his head. Then he plopped his face back into the cake.

"Are you sure, Auggs?" Cory asked. Auggie didn't reply, he just kept his face in the cake.

Their front door swung open and in stepped Riley and Maya.

"Riley, you broke curfue. It's 10:30pm, where were you? You had us worried sick," Topanga told her. Riley merely walked up to her and hugged her. Topanga hugged her daughter back.

"Riley, what happened?" She asked. Riley let it all out, the waterworks started flowing.

"Maya, what happened?" Topanga asked her as Riley sobbed into her shoulder.

"Well..." Maya started.

Flashback..

10:15pm

"Don't worry Riles, it's only a couple more minutes. Plus your parents know your with us, it'll be fine," Maya assured her.

"Yeah, plus your parents seem pretty chill. Well your dad is at least, he let us all leave during class," Gabe added and chuckled lightly. Maya smiled at him.

"You guys are right. I shouldn't be worried, because they're cool and everything's gonna be all good! Yeah!" Riley responded. But just as she was looking at the bright side, she got a text.

*Ding*

Lucas: Riley, about today..

Riley: I'm so sorry Lucas

Riley: It was a mistake

Lucas: But u cheated..

Lucas: I thought I could trust u

Riley: u can, it's just..Today was confusing

Lucas: Well, did u enjoy it?

Riley: What?

Lucas: Did u enjoy ur kiss w/ Farkle?

Riley: No..Yeah?..Idk

Lucas: I think u need some time to figure things out

Riley: Ik and I'm doing that rn as we text

Lucas: I mean, figure things out..without a bf to worry about

Riley: What r u saying?

Lucas: I'm breaking up with Riley. It's for the best, for both of us.

Riley: But..

Riley: But u promised me.

Riley: U promised me u wouldn't hurt me

Riley: U promised..U promised u'd always be there for me

Lucas: I am and I will, but as a friend now

Riley: No. Ur right. I need time to figure things out without a bf and I think I need time away from u

Lucas: Riley, we can still hang out, as friends

Lucas: I truly do care about u

Riley: Do u?

Riley: Bc u wouldn't break up with me over that if u do

(Read)

"Riley, what happened honey? Why are you crying?" Maya asked her. But her voice was drowned out by the hurt ringing in Riley's head. Lucas just broke up with her, she turned to Maya and started crying into her shoulder and handed her phone to Gabe.

He looked at the convo, and looked to Maya. He shook his head, she tried to piece together the possible things that could've happened. She thought of one of the worst things that could happen to an innocent teenage girl and immediately knew. Riley had just been dumped. She hugged her best friend tighter. But she needed to be sure, so she looked to Gabe. He showed her the conversation and she sighed.

"Riles, it'll be okay. He doesn't deserve you," She tried.

"Maya, my 1st boyfriend. It's..--I can't believe this just happened..And by text!" Riley choked on her words, and cried harder after.

"He's gonna get it tommorow," Maya told Riley and narrowed her eyes.

"No..Maya, don't. Even though he broke up with me..I don't want to hurt him," Riley declined.

"He's lucky you're so nice, because I would pound him in a heartbeat!" Maya made a fist and slapped her other hand over it.

"Woah, Hart, calm down," Gabe said, calmly. She glared at him, he was unphased.

"Ugh, it doesn't work on you," She complained.

"No it doesn't. Now let's get Miss Sunshine--" He looked at Riley's puffy eyes, "--Riley, back home."

"Yeah, Riles we're getting you home."

Flashback over...

"Oh Riley, you poor thing," Topanga said and stroked her daughter's hair while Riley was crying her heart out.

"Bay window, bay window right now," Maya told them. Topanga was about to let Riley go to Maya, when Maya said, "Both of you." Topanga smiled, and together all three of them went into Riley's room. But who awaited them there..Was..

Cliffhanger! Hehe, thought I might add one in here. Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, see you in the next one..Maybe I'll just leave it with this cliffhanger and not update. Who knows? Anyways, thanks again for 200+ votes and 5k+ reads, y'all are insane! In a good way, lol. Ttyl!

P.S. I updated earlier than usual :)