Chapter 41

Abigails High school, New York, 9:00 am, General POV

"The dance is today!" Riley exclaimed, "And I'm gonna be wearing a custom designer Avery Jennings dress! Yay!" She was peppy as usual.

"Matthews, what do you when your father doesn't like the guy you're hanging out with?" Maya asked.

"He'll come around Maya," He replied, she nodded. He then muttered under his breath so nobody could hear, "Hopefully."

"Dad, will you be at the dance?" Riley asked.

"Of course, its my job to."

"Yo Mr. Matthews, since you're giving out some good advice and doing all these things, can you fly Vanessa out too?" Zay chimed in.

"Unfortuantely no."

"Aw man, I had a nice suit and everything." He shook his head after.

"2nd chances are hard to come by, make 'em count," Avery read aloud from her book.

"Ms. Jennings, do you have something to share with the class?"

"Huh? Oh, uh no." She shut her book and placed it at the corner of her desk.

"Alright then. The dance is at 7:00pm, in the north gym. I hope you all come." He looked at Smackle and Lucas when he said that. "Anyways, on with today's lesson.."

Avery glanced over at Farkle, he looked so lonely. She hated seeing her friends upset, but this time she didnt know how to fix it. He turned to her, when their eyes met, she could instantly recognize the sadness and hurt in them. She made a mental note to do something about it. Maybe even tonight at the dance.

Smackle however had no intention of going to the dance. She hadnt grasped the reason people liked being in a crowded gym with loud music blasting. But her friends were going to be there. She should go too then, right?

Matthews Household, New York, 5:45pm, General POV

The two best friends sat at the bay window, doing their makeup for the night. They turned to each other and nodded. Maya went to their bathroom to change while Riley changed in her room. Maya returned to Rileys room afterwards.

"Woah, you look bomb! Gabe's gonna be all over you tonight," Riley exclaimed. Her blonde best friend laughed.

"Thanks Riles. You look amazing too! Averys got a real talent for designing her own clothes."

"I know right? Im in love with the lace on here." She pointed to the lacy pattern on her skirt.

"Cute!"

The positive ray of sunshine checked her phone, "Its time to go!" They dashed into the hallway to the living room.
"Dad! Lets go!" Cory had fallen asleep on the couch. He opened his eyes and looked at the time.

"Its naptime," He replied and shut his eyes again.

"Matthews. You're chaperoning the dance, you know."

He groaned, "Fine." With a grunt, he lifted himself off the couch and towards the door. He turned to the two girls, "You coming?"

They smiled and walked across the room, anticipating the dance. Hype had been built up about it for the past few days, which led to great excitement.

· · · · ·

Abigail's High school, New York, 6:30pm, General POV

The decor was amazing, beyond what any of them were expecting. Spotlights were being set up, silver and holo balloons floated around the large area.

Avery spotted Riley and Maya at the entrance being amazed by the decorations. She walked over, "Hey guys!" She greeted them.

"Hey," They responded and hugged her.

Riley spoke up, "Did you help decorate this?" She ran over to a balloon and stared at it in awe.

Avery laughed, "Yeah, a little."

"Dude this is amazing!" Maya added.

"Did you know there's gonna be a spotlight dance?"

"For real?" She snickered, "I wonder which two poor saps will have to do it."

Avery smirked, "Well the votes were in."

"Votes? What votes? I didn't hear about any votes?"

"Exactly." Maya stood there confused while Avery left to help set up the speakers.

Maya thought to herself, Votes? For what? The spotlight dance? Why didnt anyone tell me? They better not have voted for me to be one of the people dancing.

Ackkk!! This was such a sucky chapter! Im sorry for how bad it is, I was running out of time to write it so its more of a filler chapter. I think that's what its called? Lmao, I would say "Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter" but I know it was sucky. In other news, THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR 500 VOTES!!! ❤❤❤
Ill see you in the next chapter, have a good day/night beautifuls, byeeee!