Chapter 26

Matthews' Household, New York, 1:30pm, General POV

Maya: Sup Duncan, it's me and I need a favor

Gabe: Whatcha need Hart?

Me: I need u to find out exactly y Lucas broke up w/ Riley

Gabe: And y would I do that 4 u?

Maya: Cuz Ik where u live

Gabe: Good enough 4 me

Gabe: I'll go find out

Maya: Gr8 thx

Gabe: But u owe me, u know I don't like talking about this touchy-feelings stuff

Maya: Whatever u say, dork

Gabe: Wow, ok

Maya: lol cya, wouldn't wanna be ya

Gabe: So harsh. Why am I doing this for u again?

Maya: Bc I owe u

----Convo over-----

Maya slipped her phone back into her pocket before stepping back inside Riley's room with a smile on her face.

"Why so smiley Maya? I thought that was my job? I thought I was supposed to get 2 weeks notice before getting fired," Riley said.

"Good one Riles. And you're getting your job back, don't worry. Smiley Riley has a better ring to it," Maya assured her.

"And how exactly am I gonna be Smiley Riley again? Look at me, I'm broken."

"You're not broken, trust me..I know what that feels like. You're just scratched, but that's nothing a little time can't heal. I've got Gabe on the case."

"Case? What case?"

"We're finding out why Lucas broke up with you so out of the blue. And I've got an undercover agent on the case..Or should I say, superhero."

"Superhero?"

"Oh..Its an inside joke."

"Really? Are you sure it isn't because you want him to save the day, because he's your superhero?" Riley wiggled her eyebrows.

"Riles," Maya smiled before saying, "shut up."

"Never! So what are we gonna figure out? He dumped me because I 'cheated' on him. That's it."

"I don't believe it, not for one second. There's no way Ranger Rick would crush your Riley heart just like that. Unless he's back to Texas Lucas."

"Peaches, I don't care about him or whatever reason he had to break up with me. I don't care anymore." Maya looked into Riley's eyes, she could tell she did care.

"You do care, Riles. I can see it."

"I don't Maya, not anymore."

And with that, Riley walked into her closet and shut the door. A minute later, she came out wearing something opposite Riley Town.

"Riley, what are you wearing?" Maya asked, half horrified.

"I don't care anymore Maya, and Riley 2.0 dresses how she feels. And I feel nothing anymore..I'm still wearing clothes though, duh." Riley sat down on her bed, dressed in full dark clothing. A black turtleneck, black jeans, and knee high black boots. She walked over to her vanity and smudged on heavy black eyeliner and topped it off with black lipstick.

"Well for someone who doesn't care, you sure do put a lot of effort into how you look," Maya commented.

"So? I don't care."

"TOPANGA! CORY!" Maya called, unsure of what had become of her best friend. Riley's parents rushed in.

"What happened? What's wrong? Did someone fall? Did---" Topanga asked, looking all around the room, oblivious to her daughter stood in front of her, in a completely different outfit.

"Ah!" Cory interrupted while looking at Riley.

"Riley, sweetie, what happened?" Topanga asked gently.

"Nothing, I don't care anymore," She answered and walked past her parents, into the hallway.

"Maya, what happened?" Cory asked her.

"You heard her Matthews, she doesn't care anymore," Maya replied. She patted his shoulder before also walking into the hallway.

Topanga and Cory looked at eachother, confused. Their daughter had only ever done this once before. And this time was way more drastic.

"Cory, what was that?" Topanga asked.

"No idea Topanga," He responded.

Switch to Riley and Maya..

"Riles, you can't not care about anything," Maya told her.

"Why not?" Riley countered.

"Because you're caring about not caring."

"Well I can not care about not caring."

"Okay sweetpea, whatever you say."

Riley walked over to the fridge and opened it. She pulled out a juice box and poked a straw into it. While sipping it, she spat it out, "Gross, strawberry kiwi! Ugh, why is that even a flavour?" She demanded.

"Riley, you used to love strawberry kiwi," Maya spoke.

Riley rolled her eyes before tossing the juice box on the floor and stepping on it. "Disgusting."

"Riles, we're getting you back."

"I'm already here." She crossed her arms.

"No, we're getting the real you back. This? This isn't you, and you know it."

"Well it's the new me, so deal with it. I'm the rebel now."

"Oh really? What if your mom and dad see that mess you just made?"

"Oh..Right." Riley grabbed a towel and wiped up the juice and recycled the juice box. Maya smirked. "This changes nothing," the brunette claimed.

"But everything's changed."

Ohhh! What's gonna happen next? Find out in the next chapter!
I hope you enjoyed this chapter, thanks for reading and voting!
Question: What time is it for you right now?
It's 7:15pm for me right now.
Anyways, I'll see you in the next chapter byeee!