The Church

I looked at the priest and then back at the convulsing Daniella. Streams of scarlet blood fell from her head, I took from this that the priest has a good throw and that Bible's make good projectiles.

My lip was bleeding and my arms were hurting.

"Good afternoon, my son." The pastor told me with his warm and welcoming voice.

I couldn't respond, as I was breathing quickly out of shock, nearly hyperventilating.

"My name is Pastor Benny Starlite," his dark robes fluttered in the wind and sunlight. Dust that was flowing in the air became visible with the rays of light that bounced off the glass mosaics.

"I am also," Benny took a breath, looking at me as he walked around my body that was knocked on the floor. "A Stand user."

Those words caught my attention and revitalized me. I looked at him with a sudden sulking feeling, a feeling of danger.

I took a second to think- how could he have thrown ten Bible's at Daniella in a sudden second, it was obvious.

I exhaled and began to think logically again. These sequence of events really set me off.

"My Stand is 『The Good Good Father』!" Pastor Starlite cried out, posing dramatically.

"I received this power from God, he bestowed this upon me with love!"

I looked at him, my eyes hurting along with the rest of my body.

I stood up and looked at the black priest.

"Thank you, Father Benny." I said, grasping my injured right arm with my left.

I began to walk away but Starlite grabbed my shoulder.

"This is the power of 『The Good Good Father』." He muttered.

Suddenly, I felt all my pain go away and be replaced by a surge of happiness.

I gasped with these actions and I looked at the father.

"Do not thank me. It is the will of The Lord, of Jesus Christ." He assured me.

I felt blessed to have met Benny Starlite, but my brows furrowed when I remembered that a teenage girl was having a seizure in his church.

"Um, what a-about her?" I told him, pointing at the dying monkey.

"Shhh, it is the will of The Lord."

Pastor Benny Starlite escorted me out of the church and I felt conflicted, but walked back home.

The next morning had me doing the same routine.

But as we drove by the church of Pastor Benny on my way to school, I felt unnerved. I felt as if something sinister was radiating from the church.

During the school day, I told everyone of the afterschool events and of Pastor Benny.

Then on that day afterschool, Juan, Kevin, and I decided to check it out.

"So, you say there's a nigger in there?" Juan told me.

"Uh-huh," I replied.

"Can't wait to lynch it."

We made our way through the same gravel path that Daniella tried to kill me in.

"So, you almost died to the monkey?" Juan asked yet another question.

"Uh-huh," I replied again.

Then he turned to look at me, he squinted his eyes and perked his lips out. He rose his hands and did claw-like gestures.