Where has the time gone? (3)

So I've officially been living here for a week, Witchita isn't as bad as I thought it'd be. When Dylan and I went out to eat this past Sunday we realized we get along pretty well. Then on Monday he showed me around school and we learned that we have five out of eight classes together. But I can't help but notice, the closer I get to Dylan, the more Quentin asks me if I'm okay. Other than school, all I've done is unpack and hang out with Tristan. Speaking of Tristan, he keeps asking me what I think about Quentin.

Tristan snaps his fingers in my face, "earth to Tessa? So what do you think?"

I come back from my thoughts and playfully push him. "Think about what Tris?"

"Ugh Tessa you never listen do you?" he roles his eyes and laughs, "What do you think about going on a to the movies with Quentin and I?"

"Tris if this is another one of your plans to get me and Quentin together, it's not going to work. Like I've told you the last billion times, I don't know Quentin. The only time we every "talk" is when he texts me every ten minutes when I'm around Dylan. Speaking of which, did you give him my number?" I give him the look.

He nervously laughs, "he asked nicely and I figured what harm would come from it." He smiles and shrugs his shoulders.

" What harm would come from it?" I screech, "he literally texts me every ten minutes when I'm at school Tristan!"

"He's just looking out for you. Like you said before, you don't know him and obviously you don't know the real Dylan. How are you supposed to get to know Quentin unless you hang out with him?" He says the last part quieter than normal.

I ignore the rest of what he says and instead focus in on one part. "What do you mean I don't know the real Dylan? That's like telling someone who is coloring with a pink crayon that they're not coloring with a pink crayon."

"I promise Quentin I wouldn't talk to you." He sighs "Will you just hang out with him? Please all this would be so much easier."

"Easier for who" I question him in a harsh tone.

"For me of course" he smiles and fixes his hair.

I roll my eyes and get up off of Tristan's bed. "Fine. Is he here" Looking down at my watch I see it's already ten thirty a.m.

Tristan thinks for a minute "Probably, If he is he's still asleep."

"Well it's now or never" I say back to Tristan and walk out of his room. He stays back and laughs. As I'm going down the stairs towards the basement I start to wonder what Tris meant when he said he promised Quentin he wouldn't say. I make it down to the basement and see Tanner and Paris sitting at the island talking as he signs posters.

He hears me come down the stairs and looks over his shoulder. "Dylan's mom wanted him home for a while Tessa" he sighs in a bored tone looking back at the posters.

"Actually I need to talk to Quentin. Is he here"

Tanner turns his head around so fast I wouldn't be surprised if he got whiplash. "Uh he's still asleep in the movie room. I thought you guys didn't get along?"

I shrug "I'm going to go wake him up.

"Good luck" Tanner says sarcastically.

Opening the door to the movie room I already see Quentin asleep in one of the front chairs. Going up to him I kind of just nudge his shoulder. He gets scared and practically falls out of the chair. Rubbing his eyes he looks at me.

"We need to talk" I say shyly.

"Uh sure what about?" he questions.

"Dylan"