It's not what you think (4)

I got absolutely no sleep last night, I was too worried about Dylan. I'm afraid he's mad at me but I didn't text him because my dad told me to give him a little space. Checking my phone I realize its dead. Apparently I forgot to plug it in last night. So instead I look at my alarm clock, just as I did it changed to ten thirty. Climbing out of my bed I head to my bathroom and shut the door behind me. I turn my IPod onto my shower playlist and plug in the speaker. I pull off my pajamas and hop into the shower, taking an extra couple minutes to replay yesterday in my mind for like the thirtieth time.

Just as I get out there's a knock at my door. "Hold on!" I yell throwing on my robe. I really should stop locking my bedroom door. I open it and see the last person I expected to see, Dylan Mitchell.

He smiles down at me in my robe, which makes me slightly uncomfortable so I pull it tighter. "Nice outfit. You should wear it more often." He walks in and sits on my bed, "We need to talk about yesterday Tessa, we can't leave it like that."

Surprised is an understatement, I'm beyond surprised. "Uh sure. Give me a couple minutes to put on clothes." Instead of answering he lays back on my bed and runs his hands through his hair. Weird. I grab a pair of leggings, underwear, a bra, and a long shirt then go back into the bathroom. Before changing I look at my self in the mirror. Within a week I've changed so much. Back in L.A. I had a boyfriend, I didn't have to worry about hurting a guys feelings. All of the guys at my school knew I was taken and happy. Even after me and Evan broke up they respected my feelings. They respected the fact that I was heart broken. Evan and I were together for four years, which is a long time for high schoolers now days, but he broke up with me when my parents got a divorce. He said he didn't want to be known as the guy who dates a girl from a broken home. Two days later I saw him making out with Lindsey, the girl he promised me wasn't his type, in the cafeteria.

Dylan knocks on the bathroom door, which scares me half to death. "Are you okay in there? It has been ten minutes."

I throw off my robe, "Yeah sorry." I pull on my outfit and brush out my hair before opening the door. Dylan was still standing there and he gave me the once over to, I think, make sure I was okay.

We both sit on the bed, a little too close for comfort. He lays his hand on my knee, "Are you sure about what you said yesterday?" He looks at me with sad eyes.

"Dylan I don't know right now, Okay? This is all new to me. I don't want to hurt your feelings."

He gabbed my hand and squeezed it slightly "Then tell me why you just want to be friends?"

I bowed my head trying to avoid his eyes, "Someone told me that you wanted to have sex with me."

He laughed in confusion "Of course I do? When you like someone you want to show them."

"They said that you only want to have sex Dylan. I'm not like that. My ex and I didn't have sex and we were together for four years." I look up into his eyes and now they're a mix between hurt and anger.

"Who told you that Tessa? I'm not a player." He sat quietly for a second, "was it the boy you have a crush on." He lets go of my hand.

I reach for his hand, "I just don't want to get hurt."

He puts his hand on my upper thigh and rubs with his thumb, "I won't hurt you. I promise, but you have to give me a chance." He takes his other hand and puts it on my cheek. When he's an inch from my face he looks in my eyes and whispers "I promise." He leans in and gently kisses me.

I pull away slightly, "Dylan I don't kno-"

"Give me a chance. Please." he whispers before he leans in again but this time its a firmer kiss that turns into a heavy make out session.