Anything for you (17)

2 a.m.

"Tessa?" my dad whispers slightly shaking my shoulder. "I'm going to carry you upstairs."

"No no I can walk" I say half asleep. I push the covers off and fall back asleep. He picks me up and starts walking. "See I can walk" I doze back off.

9 a.m.

My eyes flutter open and I stretch a really good stretch, like one of those you see in a movie that looks so satisfyingly fake. As I glance at my alarm clock I think wow I'm up early. I stare down at my ring. My heart skips a couple beats. I need to go do something. Throwing on the white maxi dress I wore yesterday, I grab my phone, keys, and wallet then leave. I make the twenty minute drive to Sonic. "I'd like an order of french toast sticks and a blue raspberry lemonade." My meal comes and I eat while scrolling through Instagram. Quentin still hasn't posted anything. I switch to text and click on Tanner.

Me: Have you heard from Quentin?

Tanner: Uh he's asleep

Me: How do you know? Are you at his house?

Tanner: No it's ten in the morning

Me: Right sorry.

I click over to Taylor and text her instead.

Me: You want to hang out?

Taylor: Of course! Come on over.

Me: Alright I'll be there in about twenty five minutes.

Taylor: Where are you that'll take you that long?

Me: Sonic. My dad apparently doesn't understand grocery stores.

Taylor: Can you pretty pretty please get me a brownie and cookie dough blast? I'll pay you back

Me: Sure it'll be a little melted though.

I order her blast then hop in the car. Scrolling through my music I find the one I want/need right now. Can I Be Him by James Arthur. I roll down my window and start driving. "I heard there was someone but I know he don't deserve you" I scream along with the song. Several songs later I pull into my driveway, of course my dad isn't here. Since I know them so well, I just walk into Tanner's house.

As I head up the stairs Tanner comes up from the basement. He sees me and gets nervous "what are you doing here?"

"Since I can't hang out with Quentin, I'm going to hang out with Taylor."

"Wow thanks." Taylor walks out of her room and grabs the blast from my hand. "Here's the money." 

"No it's okay." 

"Are you sure."

"Definitely." We laugh and go to her room. "So tell me all the drama at school." She rolls her eyes and tells me everything. "And these are sophomores?!" I ask when she finishes.

"I know right! They're crazy!"

"Tessa!" Tanner screams from downstairs.

Taylor looks at me and we roll our eyes. We both get up and go to the top of the stairs. "What?" I whine.

"Can you come down here." 

"Yes mother." I run down the stairs "what mother?"

"Stop calling me that." He indicates for me to follow him as he goes to the basement. "I need your help, my door is jammed and we can't get it open."

I look at him and Dylan "if you guys can't open it, what makes you think I can?" They shrug. "Fine." I walk up to the door and open it not taking my eyes off them "seriously you couldn't open it?"