She can't break us (16)

I wake up to my phone buzzing next to me and Quentin still asleep on the other side. It's a text from Taylor.

Taylor: Do you want to come over? I know we haven't hug out much but I'd love to become friends.

I look over at Quentin and sigh.

Me: I'm afraid to leave Quentin's side, maybe another time?

Taylor: Oh okay sure.

Just then his mom walks in and motions for me to come out into the hall. She closes the door back behind us. "I think it's time for you to go home Tessa."

My heart drops "ok I'll go when he wakes up." 

I start turning the door knob but she pulls me back. "No I think it's best if you leave now."

"How will he know where I went? Didn't his phone get destroyed?" 

She shifts uneasily "I'll tell him. Wait out here I'll go get your things."

Why is she doing this to me? I've stuck around through this whole thing, and I sure as heck don't want to leave now. She comes back out and hands me my backpack and phone. "Thanks" I say softly sneaking a glance at him before she closes the door. "When can I come back?"

She stands between me and his door "I will be talking to your dad about that."

I nod my head and go outside to my car. As soon as I get in the driver's seat tears start flowing down my face. She hates me. I decide to text Taylor.

Me: Hey actually I'd like to hang out. I'll be there in fifteen minutes.

She answers right away.

Taylor: Yay! Bring your bathing suit, I have a couple other friends over and we're in the pool. 

That's when I realize, I've been here for two months and the only people I know are the Braungardt family, Dylan, and Quentin. I need more friends. I make the drive home and run inside. My dad isn't here, weird? I look at the time on my phone and it says eleven a.m. Never mind he's probably at work. Wait why is Taylor home? 

Me: Isn't it a Tuesday?

Taylor: Yeah but it's SPRING BREAK!

Alright that makes sense. I run up to my room and slip on a bathing suit, tossing a white maxi dress over it. I look down at my ring and set it on the nightstand, knowing my luck it'd fall off in the pool.

 I look down at my ring and set it on the nightstand, knowing my luck it'd fall off in the pool

I shove a change of clothes, a towel, and my phone into a bag and slip on a pair of flip flops. I look around, I haven't been in my room for over a week. I turn out the lights and head next door.

*Quentin's P.O.V.*

"Mom!" I scream once I realize Tessa is gone.

She runs into my room out of breath "what's wrong hunny? Are you okay?"