What about me? (6)

I wake up to my phone ringing next to my face. Squinting I check the time and caller I.D. It's six thirty a.m. and of course it's Dylan. I answer "Hello?" I say groggily.

"Good morning sunshine! I'm at your front door but your dad isn't answering."

I moan "Hold on." I hang up and run down the stairs to unlock the door. "Hi." I trek back up the stairs.

Dylan follows, "Where's your dad?" He sits on my bed and pulls out his phone.

I scratch my head, "he's in bed sick" I lie.

"Well I hope he feels better."

I go to my closet and grab a navy blue lace dress. "What about this." Dylan looks over his shoulder and shakes his head no. So I grab a maroon t-shirt dress. "This?" He looks back again and gives me a thumbs up. I roll my eyes, grab a bralette, and my phone then head to the bathroom. Once inside I unlock my phone and see three texts from last night from Quentin.

Quentin: I had phone today... I hope you did to. If so maybe I can pick you up tomorrow to?

Quentin: Is that a no?

Quentin: I understand, you chose Dylan.

I quickly text back.

Me: Sorry I fell asleep as soon as I got home! I had fun to. If you still want to I'd like to hang out. :D Maybe at my place?

Since he sleeps in till noon I don't expect an answer for a while. I slip my bralette and dress on then open the door so I can talk to Dylan while I get ready. "Are you excited for today?" I brush through my hair.

He comes and stands in the doorway, smiling at me. "Why what's today?"

I shrug my shoulders "another day of Mr. Texas." We both laugh and I coat my eyelash with a thin layer of mascara.

"You're beautiful you know that?"

I look at him still in the doorway and blush. "You're not bad looking yourself."

"Shucks" he turns around and goes back to my bed. I turn off my bathroom light and grab Dylan's hand, pulling him up off the bed. "I just got comfortable" he whines.

"Dance with me!"

"You're crazy Tessa." He shakes his head and picks up my backpack. Grabbing my hand he pulls me down to the front door.

"Hold on!" I run to the kitchen and pack a lunch then grab my white scandals. "Now lets go." He takes my hand again and walks out to the car, yet again opening the door. As he hops in the drivers seat he tosses my backpack in the back. I buckle up and slip on my scandals. "Aux cord pretty please."

"Nope it's my turn." He turns on some rap song, I think it's called That's What I Like by Bruno Mars or something, and starts driving. We get to school and he grabs my backpack as I climb out of the car. He hands it to me and I shove my phone in the side pocket. "We should hang out after school." He nudges me.

"Um"

"I mean with Tanner and them" he stutters out.

"We'll see" We reach the front doors and split up.

4th period

I get to class first and sit in my seat. All of a sudden I see Dylan in front of the door, he winks at me then looks at Ms. Fisher. He pulls off his shirt, puts on a new one and covers himself in cologne. I laugh as he sits down next to me. The bell rings and Ms. Fisher walks in "That's not what I meant yesterday Mitchell, but it is a start."

"Your welcome" he says cockily. 4th period ends and we head to lunch, he goes through the line like always. While I'm waiting for him to get back I check my phone and see a text from Quentin.