Found (15)

*Quentin's P.O.V.* Days go by

One of my doctors walk in, "Ms. McConathy it's been a week, we're afraid his body might start shutting down. Have you started planing the service?" Tessa starts to cry next to me.

Without realizing or trying my hand grips her knee. "Doctor!! Doctor!" She screams pointing at her knee. "Look! He did that."

The doctor rushes over as I start to choke on the tube in my throat. "Can you guys step outside." My mom and Tessa start to leave but I grab Tessa's hand. The doctor pries my hand from hers. She reluctantly leaves. My heart speeds up, I just want my girl with me. The doctor starts pulling the tube out of my throat, and trust me it hurt. "You got a good girl. Don't let her go." He pulls the tube completely out of my throat and I start coughing "she's hasn't left since you got here." He pats my shoulder "I'll let them back in in a couple minutes." 

He goes to leave but I grab his wrist "need." I point to my throat. 

"Right!" He grabs a cup of water off the nightstand and helps me drink it.

Once again he starts to leave but I grab his wrist again. "Help" I croak out.

"Are you in pain?" he starts checking my cut.

"No." I breath in "propose."

"Get some rest. I'll come back later and we can talk."

"No." I breath out. "Laptop." He reluctantly sets it on my lap and I slowly type into a word document. After a couple minutes I press the speak button. "I want to propose. Ask my mom to get the ring from my room."

He sits down in the chair next to me "are you sure you're ready? You're 17."

I take a minute to type again "I don't want to get married yet. I just want to promise to her that she's my life. If anything happens I want her to be there."

He looks at me for a second then nods his head. "Alright. Who am I to try and interfere with love." He pats the edge of my bed then stands up and heads out the door.

Right away Tessa runs in and gently lays next to me. She grabs my hand "don't you ever do that to me again. No more alcohol for at least twenty years. No more driving while mad. No more fights." I smile at her. Her angry face turns into a smile. "But I love you." She gently kisses me.

"I'm." I take another drink of water. "not broken." She smiles and gives me another kiss, this time a normal one. The one I've grown to love. Who am I trying to kid? I've always loved that kiss.

My mom pops her head in "sweetheart I'll be right back. I'm going to get you a change of clothes." I give her a smile and she winks back.

I rub Tessa's knee. "I'm sorry."

"For what baby?"

"Fight." I look into her beautiful eyes.

"No no no don't apologize."

"You're good enough."

Her eyes start to water and she collapses into my chest. "You heard all of it?" I kiss her head softly. "I meant it when I said I was happy you were my first."

"My first."

She sits up and looks at me "what?"

"You" I breath in "were."

"You said there was two girls before me?"

I chuckle, if you want to call it that it sounded more like chalk on a chalk board. "I lied."

She softly slaps my chest "no more lying." She cuddles into my side and I slowly wrap my arm around her shoulder.

Just then Dylan and Tanner run in. Dylan practically tackles me with a hug, "dude I've missed you."