Our secret (5)

"HEY

YEAH YOU

WAKE UP

IT'S TIME TO LIVE!"

I reach over and smack my alarm clock in hopes of shutting it off... It doesn't work. Wait, since when is that my alarm tone? I sit up and look around. In the little light I have from the still dark sky I see a figure sitting at the end of my bed. All I can think is that I'm either having a nightmare or that I'm two seconds away from being murdered. Without thinking I grab my pillow and throw it with all my might. 

I get up and run towards my door, but before I can get out two arms wrap around my waist. "Aren't you going to get dressed?"

Wait what? I flip my lights on and turn around to see Dylan standing with his hands still on my hips and a smile. "What are you doing here? I thought you didn't want anything to do with me?"

He lets go of me and sits on the bean bag in the corner of my room. "I don't know I was. Then I saw you in Quentin's arms last night and I realized I'll never have a chance if I don't talk to you."

"Me and Quentin didn't do anything," I stutter in surprise. I didn't know he saw.

"I know." He checks his phone "hurry up and get ready. I'm taking you to school today."

I just nod my head and go into my closet. "Dyl what should I wear?" I pop my head out.

He thinks for a second "jeans. I've never seen you in jeans."

"Ugh jeans it is." I grab a pair of ripped jeans and a simple white t-shirt and head to the bathroom. I hurry and put on my clothes, tossing my pajamas in the hamper. I brush out my hair and brush my teeth. I wonder if Dylan really forgives me. I walk out of the bathroom and see him looking at my picture collage wall. "You know I don't have a picture with you yet."

He just keeps looking at the pictures and ignores my question. "Who is that." He points to my ex.

"That's my ex, Evan." 

"Why did you guys break up?" he asks still not looking at me.

"He cheated" I lied.

"Why do you still have his picture then?" he pulls it off and puts in the trash nearby. "Who's that?" this time he points at my mom.

I stand next to him "that's my mom. She left and went to Greece. She said she'd send letters but I haven't gotten a single one." My eyes start to water.

At first he doesn't notice, but then I sniffle and he turns and wraps his arms around me gently. "Please don't cry. I don't like seeing you like this."

I wipe my eyes then wrap my arms around him. We stand like that for a little while then I pull away. "We really should get going." I grab my phone off my nightstand and my backpack from behind the door. Dylan follows me down the stairs and I rush to the kitchen to quickly grab my lunch. By the time I get back Dylan already has his shoes on and is holding the door. I stick my phone in my back pocket and use my newly free hand to pick up my white sandals. I walk out of the house barefoot as Dylan raises his eyebrow at me. I shrug and just keep walking. Dylan being the giant he is was able to get to the car before me so he had that door held open to. "Thanks" I slide in and he closes it behind me. I buckle my seat belt and as he is walking around to the drivers side I get the urge to look around and I see a figure sitting on Tanner's porch. Huh it's probably just Taylor. Dylan starts up the car and starts to drive off. He gives me the aux cord, which is a big deal, of course I turn on September Song by JP Cooper. Dylan grunts but I ignore him and scream along with the lyrics. Once the song is over I let it play through my playlist and french braid my hair. Once we get to the school he parks in the furthest parking spot from the school. "What are you doing?" I climb out of the car before he has a chance to come open the door.