Is she back? (8)

Still Quentin's P.O.V.

"I don't know you should go check." he leans back in his seat and smiles. For a minute I freeze, is she here?

When I come to my senses I practically run to Tessa's room and swing the door open. But it's not Tessa. It's an older lady sitting on her bed. "Sorry I thought you were someone else." She looks at me weirdly.

As I'm closing the door I hear her voice. "Quentin?"

I look back in and see Tessa standing there. "Tessa!" I run to her and hug her, picking her up in the process. "I've missed you so much!" She starts crying into my shoulder.

The woman on the bed speaks up "so this is the famous Quentin?" She slowly gets off the bed and hugs me, "I know all about you."

Tessa wipes her eyes "Grandma your embarrassing me."

"Nice to meet you finally" I hug her back.

She smiles up at me "you're a fine young man. I should let you catch up." She grabs her cane that's sitting on the bed and leaves, leaving the door open.

I look down at Tessa "when did you get back?"

We sit on the edge of her bed. "About a half hour ago I think. Sorry I didn't call you I've been unpacking."

"I understand." I kiss the back of her hand. "When I first got here I was worried because your office is empty. Why is that?"

"My grandma is moving in. She's getting to the point where it isn't safe for her to be alone."

"Oh. So I hear you talked about me?" She blushes. God she's beautiful. "Can I kiss you?" I whisper. She nods her head yes. I run my hand through her hair and stop at her neck. I lean in and softly kiss her lips.

She pulls away and smiles. "I'm sorry for what I did."

"Don't be princess." I stand up and grab her hand "we were all about to swim next door. Do you want to go?"

"Let me ask my dad." I follow her to Nick's office.

"Hey pumpkin" he smiles up at her.

"I know I just got home, but can I pretty please go swimming next door?"

Nick looks at me "Is Dylan there?"

I look back and forth at him and Tessa, then lowly I say "Yes, but he has a girlfriend." Tessa's head snaps in my direction. "I promise to bring her back here if he does or says anything."

He thinks for a minute "alright son I'm trusting you." He looks at Tessa and hands her her phone "go ahead be a teen, but keep the ringer on."

"Thanks dad!" She squeals and runs to her room to change.

When she leaves Nick asks me "does he really have a girlfriend?"

I stick my hands in my pockets and nod my head "for almost two weeks now. He seems happy but he refuses to talk about Tessa."

"Maybe that's for the best. You have my number right?" I nod my head. "If he starts anything and you can't find a way to get her out, call me."

"Will do sir."

"Will do what?" Tessa says from behind me in her bathing suit and a pair of shorts.