The break (7)

5 a.m.

"What the hell is going on in here?!" my dad screams as he slams the door open, scaring us awake. Dylan falls out of the bed and my dad grabs him by the arm. "Get the hell out of my house!" he squeezes Dylan's arm before letting go. Dylan grabs his phone and runs out of the room. My dad turns to me, "What is wrong with you Tessa?! I told you no boys! When I left I thought I could trust you, then I come home to find a boy in your bed?" He looks so disappointed... and mad.

"I thought you weren't coming home until noon?" I say softly lowering my head. 

He grabs my phone from the ground and puts it in his pocket. "That's not any better Tessa. You're grounded and if I ever see that boy around you again I will send you off! Where's your laptop and ipod?" I point to them sitting on my dresser. "You did this to yourself" he sighs picking them up.

"I'm sorry dad." A tear runs down my cheek, "we didn't do anything."

"I know that boy was bad news the first time he came over." He sits on the edge of my bed. "I'm sending you to your grandma's house for awhile."

I stand up abruptly "she lives in Iowa! You can't do that I have school!"

"My choice is final Tessa pack your bags." He gets up and leaves. I slam my door shut. He can't do this! I grab my suitcase out of my closet and throw a bunch of clothes in it, I'll just run away. I tiptoe down the stairs but my dad is standing there. "I got you a ticket for six thirty we have to leave now."

"How did you already get a ticket so quick? And can I take my phone with me?"

"It was actually pretty easy and you're still grounded, no phone." He grabs my suitcase and heads out the door. Crap. I follow him and hop in the front seat of his car. The trunk slams shut and he climbs in the drivers seat. 

We drive for twenty minutes before he stops in a parking lot. "Where are we? This isn't the airport?" 

"You're in trouble Tessa, do you really think I'd let you have the luxury of a plane? You're riding the train." He climbs out and grabs my suitcase. "You'll be on the train for eight hours. Use that time and the time you're there to think about what you have done."

"Eight hours! Dad I said I was sorry." He walks me to the platform just as the train pulls in. He shows the worker my ticket on his phone. "Dad please?"

He hands me my suitcase and hugs me, "you need to learn." I climb up the stairs and find my seat. This sucks. 

4 p.m. Kansas time

*Dylan's P.O.V.*

I park my car in front of Tessa's house. She wasn't at school today and she didn't answer any of my texts, I have to make sure she's okay. I knock on the door and her dad opens it. 

"What the hell are you doing her?" He takes a step outside.

"I just wanted to make sure Tessa's okay" I stamper backwards. Her dad is taller than me and scares the crap out of me. 

"Tessa's gone so get off my property before I call the cops." he takes another step towards me. 

"What do you mean she's gone?" 

"GET OFF MY PROPERTY PUNK!" he starts charging towards me and I fall backwards.

"Woah woah what's going on?" Quentin runs towards us with Tanner following behind.

I stand up and brush myself off "he sent Tessa off!" 

Tanner towards him "if you don't mind me asking, what happened?"