♪ Three ♪

"What's on the agenda today?" I asked Rich over my plate of toast. Toast without eggs, may I add.

"I dunno," Rich replied shrugging. "Why don't you go make some friends or something?"

I picked at the crust of my toast. I never liked crust. I also never liked making friends. I usually was just friendly to anyone I met, and I always had Zak. I didn't really have any reasons to make friends, although that sounds like something five-year-olds do.

"Well, just go about and see who you can meet," Rich said. He was putting another round of toast in the toaster and wasn't really paying attention.

"Fine," I muttered. "Beats staying here all day."

"That's the spirit!" Rich said sarcastically. "Just remember not to tell anyone about why your here or who you are, okay?"

"I'm not that stupid," I replied, standing from my seat.

"Well, I really hope you wouldn't be," he said, looking as me pointedly. "Because you know how people would act if they knew. No matter what kind of person they are, they're always going to want something."

I nodded stiffly because I knew he was right. All my life, there were people around me who I thought were great. Once I gave them what they needed, though, they were gone. They didn't even stick around long enough to say thanks. I kind of got used to it over the years, and that was another reason I didn't like making friends. Because as much as I wanted to believe everyone was good, they always turn and make it hard for me to believe that again. Apparently, being famous also makes you a miracle worker.

"I won't do anything like that," I concluded.

I left the small kitchen and went to the bathroom. I took a super quick shower and changed into a simple shirt and shorts. I didn't think I'd ever get used to dressing like this.

Before I left, I wanted to call my mom. She didn't call yesterday after she said she would, and I was a little worried.

"Logan!" she exclaimed as soon as she answered. "I'm so sorry I forgot to call! Your dad had his premiere party for the new movie and I just..." she trailed off, sighing.

"It's okay," I said. "I wasn't too worried."

"So how's it going?" she asked. "Are you still hidden? Did you meet any new people?"

"It's going well," I said, decided to answer one question at a time. "No one has figured me out yet, and I think Rich is to thank for that. I met a few people at church yesterday."

"How nice," she said. "I'm really glad to hear this. I miss you so much."

"I miss you, too."

"Zak came to the party yesterday," she told me. "I think we need to send him away for a while."

I laughed. "I agree. I do miss him though."

"He misses you, too," she said, chuckling. "Honey, listen, I have to go find your father. I'll talk to you soon, okay?"

"Okay," I replied. "Bye, Mom."

"Love you," she replied.

"I love you too."

I hung up the phone and sat it on my bed. I didn't really need to contact anyone, and I didn't feel like carrying it around would be safe. Most normal people probably didn't have a phone that was blowing up with notifications from social media. That would be a dead giveaway.

Rich warned me to be careful five more times before I left the room. He really did worry a lot; it was no wonder he was balding. He really needed to sit back and drink some coffee or something of the sort.