♪ Eighteen ♪

I never liked storms. They scared the heck out of me since I was little. So, let's just say I wasn't thrilled when the loudest storm of the century hit in the middle of the night.

Wasn't thrilled, was terrified, same thing.

I tried to keep my cool as the room lit up and the thunder vibrated the hotel. I stared at the ceiling and acted like I wasn't about to scream.

After a while, I got an intense feeling of impending doom. Everything suddenly felt scary. My imagination started running, and before I knew it, I had come up with a whole scenario of someone coming to kill me at that exact moment.

I had enough. I jumped out of bed, taking my pillow for good company, and dashed to the other side of the wall where Rich was. He snored loudly. How could he possibly sleep through this?

I felt bad waking him up for my childish fear. I was just going to let him go until a particularly bright bolt came through the window. Then I went poking him and speaking.

"Rich," I whisper-shouted.

Nothing.

"Richard!" I said slightly louder.

Still nothing.

"Fire!" I said in a normal tone.

Now I think he was just ignoring me.

I shook his shoulder. The thunder clouded my thoughts and I jumped back in fear.

"Rich!" I said pleadingly.

"Mmm?" he hummed half-asleep.

I sighed in relief, but now I just felt dumb. How was I going to tell him I woke him up because I was scared?

"Um, someone's here," I lied. Although, it could not have been a lie. You never know.

"Tell them to come back later," he replied groggily, rolling over.

"No, Rich, it's three-thirty in the morning," I said, "I think they're trying to rob us."

Okay I took it a little far, but I was really scared.

He jumped up at this. He looked really alarmed, and I thought I should tell him the truth.

"Why can't people rob in the daytime?" he grumbled as he got out of bed.

"Then people would see them," I pointed out. "And know who it was."

"Well, you sure sound like you know what you're talking about," he said. "I didn't know you were a theif."

"It's just common sense."

He rolled his eyes. "Come here."

He leaned against the wall and slid against it until he was near the door. I shook my head at his ninja moves as I simply walked to the door.

"Logan! You're going to get killed."

I frowned, stepping away from the door. He crept forward before leaping to the door and opening it quickly. Then he swung his arms around quickly, trying to mock some karate move and failing. He ended the arm flailing with a jump-kick, and almost fell back onto the door.

I suppressed my laughter.

"There's no one here, Logan," he said as if he did not just to some weird dance.

I was going to say something, but instead, I jumped at the sound of thunder. The hallway seemed a lot scarier now. "Close the door!" I yelled to Rich.

He closed it after looking at me strangely. Suddenly, recognition registered on his face and he smirked. "Oh, I know what this is about. You're still afraid of storms."