♪ Ten ♪

I couldn't sleep that night. I had no idea wether I should go for the movie. If they would have asked me a week ago, the choice would have been simple. But now I was devoted to the choir, and I had made a friend.

I knew I couldn't start feeling things for Summer. Even though they fleeting and unmeaning, they still happened, and I couldn't stop thinking about it. I wanted to remain friends with her. Long distance friends, if I took the offer.

Was I really ready for a movie? The simple answer was no. I wasn't ready. it had been a while since I'd been in a movie, and how was I supposed to just hop back on that train as it passed? How obvious would it be that the day I leave here, the day Logan comes back?

I did have until Saturday to decide, which was only a day away, but still. I had twenty-four hours to make up my mind, and I was going to make the most of it.

I still wished I could talk to someone about it. Rich was biased, and my dad couldn't care less. My mom would probably listen, but she would tell me to listen to my heart. That would be pointless, considering my heart spoke a different language.

The only person I had left was Zak. I looked at the clock, seeing it was only three in the morning. I guess with the time zone difference, it would be midnight there, which is why I always called my mom sometime in the afternoon. He would probably still be up, having never gone to bed in the first place. I quietly took my phone outside of the hotel. I didn't want to wake Rich up from his loud slumber, though I did have a bone to pick with him.

I dialed Zak's number. He answered on the last ring, as he most often did.

"Hello?" he mumbled, clearly tired.

"Hey," I said sheepishly, feeling a little guilty I called him at this odd time.

"Hey Loganator!" he shouted, and I wondered if he was home, speaking so loud. He probably was, and his mother was going to come yell at him any moment.

"Shh," I told him. "You're going to wake your parents up."

"Actually, dude, I'm at your house," he replied. "Your dad had a party, so I showed up. I love parties!"

"Yeah, I know," I muttered.

"We miss you here though," he said. I heard music in the background for a minute, but he must have went into a quieter room for it was soon silent.

"So, anyway-"

"You need to clean your room!" he said, cutting me off.

I rolled my eyes. Of course he was in my room. Where else would he go while in someone else's house other than the kitchen?

"Thanks," I said sarcastically. "Listen, Zak, I need to talk to you."

"I'm listening, ready to give you words of wisdom," he replied.

"I got a movie offer," I told him as I began walking around the hotel in the dark.

"That great!" he said.

"It's not," I said, sighing. "I would have to leave soon."

"I don't get it," he said, "I thought you hated it there."

I frowned. He did have a point. Last time I talked to him, I complained about how boring the town was. I should hate it. Coming from the background that I did, and living the lifestyle that I did, I should want to leave and take the movie offer. But part of me didn't, and I wasn't sure why.

"You're right," I mumbled, realizing Zak wasn't the best person to talk at that time. I had to figure it out myself.

"What's really bothering you?" he asked, turning serious. So maybe he was able to listen. "I doubt you called me at what, three A.M., just to say hello."