Chapter 8: Who? And Why?!

(Special thanks to @galaxygamer13 for an awesome idea for this chapter! Enjoy!)

I was still in the gym. I've been lifting weights for a bit and I'm gonna get some water. Sadly, the water fountain was out of order. And since I am very short, I couldn't reach the water bottles in the fridge.. thing... because they were on the very top shelf. I jumped and tiptoed, but it was no use. I looked down at the floor and started walking back, then I bumped into someone, causing me to fall.

"Oh!" He chuckled and helped me up. He was taller than average.

"Sorry!" I said, shyly. I am just a mess today. "Um.. I'm Y/N.."

"Nice to meet cha. I'm Garrin. Are you okay?" He said. "Didn't hurt that pretty face of yours?" He chuckled. I blushed.

Suddenly, Tom marched over here and grabbed Garrin by the collar. He looked pretty angry. It looked like he was about to punch him. I ran in front of Garrin and pushed Tom away.

"Stop!" I yelled. "Have you lost your mind?!"  Then I went back to Garrin. "Are you okay?" I asked. "Caught us both off guard."

"Yeah." He said, looking down at his collar. "I'm fine." I look behind me. I see Tom acting stubborn in the corner. Better calm him down before he goes and gets himself drunk.

I walked over there and put my hand on his shoulder. "Are you o--" I said, then he slapped me out of the blue. My mouth was wide open, I slowly felt my stinging cheek. I teared up and ran off to Garrin.

(Tom's POV)

"Wha-- I didn't--" I said, then sighed. I didn't mean to! I just.. lost my temper..

I looked at her and decided not to say anything.

Yet.

(Meet Garrin, my OC. He has blonde hair and electric-blue eyes. He is 6'6". He always wears jeans and a short-sleeved shirt. He is also pretty flirty. Be prepared, you'll see him more later on😉.  End of chapter 8! Word count: 350. Sorry for short chapter!)