Chapter 10: Karaoke and Music

Lucinda and I stayed up til midnight talking, gossiping, messing around, painting our nails , and doing other girly things. When I woke up Las was holding her self up above me, like a cat, staring at me with cold, dead eyes.

"Las, what're you---"

"Sshhhh..." She cut me off. "Hear that?" She said, looking at the door.

"Hear what?" I said, sitting up. She got off of me."OH NO LAS, ARE THEY BACK?? DO WE NEED TO GO TO THE THERAPIST AGAIN?!?" I shouted, referencing back in 4th grade when she kept hearing voices in her head, telling her to do ''bad things''.

"Yes--I mean--No. It's not that." She said. Now I'm worried. "That music. It's so pretty! But so sad at the same time.."

"What music?" Then I heard it, barely. Las always has had excellent hearing... and eyesight... and smell.. I think she's an animal. She found a tiny hole in the wall and peeked through it, her hands on the wall. I went up and put my ear against the wall. She was right, there was music. It was probably Tom, though. With "Susan". Why name it Susan? Out of all names, Susan? Seriously!? ((No offense to anyone named Susan))

"His name is Tom?" Lucinda said, looking at me, her hands still and the wall.

"Oh, did I say that out loud?" I asked. Not really a question, though

"No," Las said, and continued looking through the hole. Forget worried, now I'm scared.

A few minutes later, me and Las went downstairs and had some "DELICIOUS EDDSWORLD CEREAL". We brought our cereal into the living room and watched some T.V with Edd and Matt. Ah, I love SpongeBob. But why do these men always watch cartoons? But to be fair, Lucinda does, too. Gotta love her.

"Haaammmyyy...." She called. Yes, Hammy. That has been her nickname for me since 3rd grade when I tripped in the cafeteria and got covered in hamburgers.

"Yeah?" I said.

"I'm booooorreeed!"

"Wanna go upstairs and try out my new karaoke machine?" I said, pointing upstairs with my thumb, not looking behind me cuz I'm that awesome.

"YESS!!" Las yelled, running upstairs. I was right behind her.

"What song?" I asked, plugging the karaoke machine in.

"Um.. Demons? Remember we used to listen to that song all the time?" She asked, talking about Demons by Imagine Dragons. We both loved that song when we were little. Man, we were messed up.

"Sure." I said and programmed it in. We replayed it two times until our door opened. Dang it, it was Tom.

"Hey, I know how to make that better." He said, pulling his guitar out from behind him. He turned off the karaoke machine and started playing Demons on his guitar. He replaced the drum and piano with softer and harder notes.

He is pretty good at the guitar.

Las and I sang the lyrics while he played on his guitar, he played it really accurately for a song that has lots of different kinds of instruments . We asked him to do different songs once in a while. After he left, Las gave me a Chara and Spongebob smile at the same time.

"You like him, don't you Hammy?" ((You like krabby patties, don't you squidward?)) I sighed. "Wanna paint our nails?" She said. Wow, she changed the subject fast.

"Sure." I said. She painted my nails to look like ladybugs. I painted her favorite things on her nails. On one nail she had Spongebob, another Nyan Cat, Rainbows, Pink glitter, etc.

(End of chapter 10! Word count: 600)