Chapter 19: Secrets Can't Stay Secrets Forever

I really want to find out what was in the painting, so I hid out in my room until around 1 am and snuck out quietly into the hall. I looked around and listened for a bit to make sure no one was awake. All I could hear was snoring. I picked up the painting, to reveal a button under it, which I quickly realized was another painting. I gently place down both paintings.

     There was a lever under them. I pulled the lever, which made a squeaky sound. Because of rust, probably.  I glanced around to make sure no one was woken up, then I pushed the door open. I was greeted by a big, bright light, which made my eyes hurt because I wasn't used to the light yet.
     I made my way inside. It looked as it was made out of metal. How could we not see this from the outside?! I walked over towards a big metal bar, it had lots of buttons on top. It must be a control panel, I though. But to what?

     I examined the buttons . There were many buttons, but one stood out to me the most. It was a big red button labeled " Do not touch." But, obviously, I wanted to push it.
     I went to push the button, when  I heard someone yell "No!" And punch me in the face. Tord?!  I was knocked over, and I wanted to punch him back, then realized I better not.

     "Haha, sorry!" He chuckled nervously and helped me up.  "In the morning ill buy you some ice cream. Just ,please, don't touch it." I muttered a curse under my breath, but agreed so he wouldn't suspect anything. I will probably come back later.
     He walked me to my room and got me an ice pack. Does he seriously think he can get me to forgive him that easily?

(End of chapter 19! I hate Tord so freaking much so my hate kinda comes out into the book xD word count: 400)