Chapter 21

I denied Tom's wishes and preceded to the house as fast as I could. As soon as I got there, I went in and yelled "Tom?"

   He soon yelled back "Y/N?" Sounding shocked. I followed his voice, but already knew where he would be. I removed the paintings and pressed the button, revealing the door. I saw Tom standing there across from Tord, who was wearing a soldiers hat.

    "I don't you not to come here!" He yelled. "And how did you know about this place?" He sounded angry.
    "I'll explain it later, it's a long story." I said quickly, walking into the room across from Tord.  "Why are you here Tord? What do you want?" I questioned him.
    "I just came here for my hat!" He said happily with a smile. "It goes really well with my giant robot." It took Tom a second to process that.
    "Wh-" Tom uttered out, then cut off by a loud noise and a bunch of smoke. I closed my eyes tight so they wouldn't get irritated from the smoke. Tom then grabbed my wrist and rushed my along the hallway. Holes were being knocked through it from a blaster coming from Tord's robot.

    "I told you not to come here!" Tom yelled. "Now look!"
    "So what? This is my fault?" I shouted, still running along.
    "Of course not!" He jumped up, avoiding a shot. "But you could get hurt! I couldn't live with myself if you did." I could hear the far in his voice. I looked over at his face.

Why did this have to happen today of all days?