Chapter 17: Red, red, so, so red.

I wasn't able to sleep well last night, the memory of the pictures buzzing around in my head. Whenever I thought of his father, it made me sad. Then there was the class picture. There was this one kid who I couldn't get out of my head. Red hoodie, devil horned hair, red at the tips. He had these eyes, they were.. strange. But.. pretty. Red, they were. And gray. Was he blind in one eye?

     I was jerked awake by a loud knocking at the door.
     "Y/N," It was Edd. "Hurry up and get ready. Someone's coming over today!" I heard his footsteps trailing off, then reluctantly creeped out of bed.
I put on a red t-shirt, it being the only thing left that was clean. No one does laundry, so I expected this to happen sooner or later. I slipped on some black pants and shuffled to the hall.
I counted my steps. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. I was suddenly knocked into the wall by Tom's shoulder. What's the matter with him? I didn't feel like having a big discussion so I just carried on.
     I looked where the couch used to be, until Tom traded it for a harpoon gun.
     I heard the door creak, and then a following:

"Welcome home, Tord!"

     "What do you mean Welcome Home, Edd?" Tom said angrily. "You said he was only visiting."
     "No, no! Remember, I told you this morning?"
     "Hah! Classic, Stupid, Tom."
     "Who is that?" Matt said while coming down the stairs.
     "Matt, don't you remember me? Tord?"
     "Uh..."
     "We used to live together?"
     "Used to." Tom mumbled.
The boys continued talking their nonsense, me in the middle of it.

     "Guys..?" I mumbled quietly. No one heared me.
     "Guys?" I said a little louder.
     "GUYS!" I yelled. Everyone stepped back, surprised.  "Who is this? And what on earth is he doing here?!"
     "Feisty one, aren't you?" Tord said, a thick Norwegian accent layering his words.
     "Y/N, this is Tord." Edd explained. "He is going to move in with us. He actually used to live here."
     "I came just in time, considering I have a new beautiful roommate." He put his fingers gently beneath my chin and pushed my head up to examine it better. I scowled and yanked he hand down. He chuckled.

"Edd, you don't suppose I could have my old room back, do you?" Tord said.
     "But, Edd, that's my room." Tom said.
     "How about you sleep on the couch?" Tord threw a small cube. It blinked red a few times, then blew up into a small couch.
     I heard a small groan, then realized it landed   Tom.
     "Tom, are you okay?" I said loudly.
     I heard a louder groan, then saw in a blur, the couch flying out of the window.
     "I'm leaving!" Tom yelled. "This place was too crowded anyway."

((End of chapter 17: Red, Red, so, so red. I hate Tord, but you all insisted on having him xD Word count: 504 words))