Chapter 18: Secrets?

"Tom, Wait!" I called. He slammed the door, grumbling a few things under his breath. My heart was pounding. Should I go with him? I opened the door, then I heard Tord say; "Where ya going, girl?"I growled under my breath. I shot a glance at Tom, then back at Tord.
"no where, I guess.." I shut the door, pushed Tord out of the way, and stormed upstairs.
"How could Tom leave me with 2 idiots and a flirt!" I said to myself. Lucinda went to the store so I didn't have anyone to rant to.
I lifted up my mattress and grabbed a gummy bear bag from Lucinda's 'secret stash' and went into Tom's room. I stared at the ceiling for a while, eating gummy bears and mainly being mad at Tom.
Why did Tom hate this guy so much, I wonder?

At about midnight I heard rustling and realized I had dosed off. I got up to see Tord taking down a picture.
"What're you doing?" I muttered loudly.
"Oh, uh, nothing, luv. Go back to bed." He laughed nervously and closed the door. If I was sleeping in Tom's room.. where was Tord sleeping? I went back out into the hall to find no one there. I peeked into every room. I only saw a peaceful Matt and a.. gentleman-looking Edd asleep? Heh. Who knew?
I gave up on looking for Tord since I was so sleepy and went back to bed.

I woke up at a about 9 o' clock and shuffled downstairs. My weary brain couldn't remember much and was only focused on getting food.
After eating a bowl of cereal, the coldness perked me up. I started to remember last night, for I was no longer sleepy. I wonder, what was so special about that painting in particular?
I went back to the room where I saw Tord and examined the picture. Edd, Tom, Matt, and I. It looked pretty bulky. I was about to lift up the painting, suspicious there might be something behind it, when I was interrupted by something tapping me on the shoulder and almost scaring me half-to-death, which my childish mind first thought of monster.
"AH, CRUD!" I shrieked and jumped back, before realizing it was only Tord. Not too different than a monster, though. "What do you want?" I scowled.
"I got donuts, if you want any." He sneered.
"Gah, curse the day you and your delicious baked-goods came into this house.." I muttered and quick-walked into the kitchen before all the donuts were gone. I heard him chuckle. I grabbed my favorite flavor and ate it quickly with a glass of milk.

Whenever ai seem to walk past the picture, Tord always seems to appear out of no where or give me a nasty look. What he has hidden, one may wonder. But, for now, im going to focus on getting Tom to come back.

(Yay! Sorry I've been gone so long 😓 I have been super busy, and it is super hard to write on mobile lol. Fun fact: every chapter and every other thing on this book has been written and created on mobile. Mainly a phone, but so,stumped I use my tablet, like I am right now. Word count: 552)