26. Fall in love with it

The next morning King woke up with a head ache and a pain running down his left arm. He look around to see he was in paris guest roon and felt paris asleep next to him, His heart clenched, because it was so strange for him to be waking up next to someone.

Even when king and Soraya was in miami, he was barely in the room they shared. sometimes he would be so tired that he would sleep on the couch.

King slowly sat up gritting his teeth. The sharp pain that rang through his arm was getting more intense

It was times like this he wished his father was alive maybe he wouldnt turned out the way he did.

" you know son, when a nigga was your age I was sleeping on cardboard cause my mama couldn't afford no bed like everybody else. I wasn't the smartest kid on the block but a nigga worked hard to get the shit i have with out the help of nobody. The point of me saying all that is to get you to see that the only thing you need in this life is your dignity don't you ever let nobody take that from you. If some nigga got some issue with you tell his ass to throw his set up."

The 14 year old King look up at his dad in astonishment. He knew his dad would of told him the exact words he wanted to hear. His dad was his role model, he wanted to become just like him.

"I hear you, Dad, but them niggas walk in big groups, what if they jump me?"

His dad threw his head back laughing then composed his self " Look here Eli, Your pops aint gon let nobody jump you."

King nodded getting confident knowing his father had his back all he had to do was wait for Sean to say something to start up a fight and beat him and his father would be proud of him.

" i want you to know that it dont matter if you win or lose, you still gon be a champ to me." His father said patting him on his back.

Later on that day king came to school and standing at his usual spot waiting for kaijai and Davonte when Sean Came over with his gang and pushed into him

King gritted his teeth as much as he wanted to let him slide he couldn't control his anger

" Yo, watch where the fuck you going" he says pushing shawn back.

He knew it wouldn't end there because the upper class-man didnt take no bullshit from lower classmens especially not no damn freshman

Sean sized him up " sit your ass down lil nigga for you get hurt" he said as his friends surounded king

everyone stopped and stared at them.

Scarlet had smiled at sonething Carter told her when the corner of her eyes caught what was happening causing her smile to drop

she abruptly turned around putting her focus on the scene as she watched some of the boys Carter be doing business with surrounding king who stared at them in a blank face.

" are they trying to jump him?" She ask Carter who shrug not caring.

" we should help him!" She exclaimed getting up looking at Carter expectantly.

"Man, what? The kid look like he could take all of em down by him self"

Scarlet shook her head in dissapoimtment making him sigh leaving his food and getting up

" Yo TRell! Im bout to check out whats that all about" he hollered across the cafeteria at his homeboy who jump off the table walking towards them " ayye lil nigga bout to get murk by shawn and them"