Chapter 5

NASH'S POV

I feel really bad, but I really need to stop being a dick. And I also need to tell her that me and Emma are like dating now. I made my way to the park. I sat at a little wooden picnic table that we always meet at.

When we were little, we used to put cardboard on the sides and we made it a pirate ship.

I miss it when we were little. We didn't have any care for girlfriends or boyfriends. I snapped out of my thoughts and saw Skylar walking to the Picnic table while looking at her phone.

"You know you shouldn't walk and text." I smiled and she looked up and lightly giggled.

"So you and Cameron or you and Brent?" She sighed and sat down.

"I am not dating any of them and no I'm not a slut."

"I wasn't gonna call you that. But anyways me and Emma are dating now I think."

She looked down at her black screen at her phone and wouldn't look up. She stared at that blank screen for 5 minutes.

"Sky what are you thinking about?" I always called her that when she was sad to make her happy because her eyes were the dark blue colour of the sky. She smiled but she still didn't look up from her phone.

"Skylar tell me. "

"I don't wanna ruin your summer so just don't worry about it." She sighed and finally looked up from her phone.

"What do you mean by that sky-"

"Hey my bae!" Emma comes all perky and pretty and sits beside me on the picnic table.

"Hey Emma." I say. Skylar starts to stare at her phone again. What is this chick thinking about?!

"What is She doing here? I'm your girlfriend not her." She was right but I was supposed to make it up to her but every chance I have, Emma ruins it.

"Well actually we were about to go get some ICECREAAAAAM!" Skylar always laughs when I say it like that, But she didn't.

Something is seriously bothering her.

We get up from the picnic table but Skylar still sits there.

"Emma can you meet me there I forgot my wallet?"

"Ok bae see you there" she threw me and wink and walked, more like strutted off.

Once she was out of my sight, I wanted to talk to Skylar.

"Are you gonna come with us?" She looked up and glared at me.

"No just go enjoy your ice cream with your girlfriend and forget about me. I'm your back up friend anyways so it doesn't matter."

She went through her phone and landed on Instagram. Not speaking one word.

"Skylar your not my back up friend, your my best friend."

I smiled a lil but it didn't do anything to make her happy

"Have you ever heard of the saying bros before hoes? Well that clearly doesn't apply to your so called best friend."

She got up from the table and walked away. Instead of walking home, she sat by a tree. I walked up to her and when I was about to sit down she said

"Nash just go. You clearly don't have time for friends so just enjoy the ice cream that me and you were supposed to eat. I'll just find someone that won't ditch me."

"Skylar... Um... Well if you don't want to be friends. I feel terrible now."

I walked away. Instead of walking to the icecream place I went home.

Yet again a stupid move by Nash Grier