Chapter 27

Nash's POV

The past few days have been pretty much the same.

I've been all quiet and shy and focused on my work.

I knew that if Skylar got a boyfriend, I would be upset, but i didn't know that I would act like this.

I was at the kitchen table, eating cinnamon toast crunch, which only reminded me of Skylar since it's also her favourite cereal.

Nothing I can do can make me forget about her. I put my bowl in the sink, grabbed my bag, and walked out the door.

Every morning I always see Shawn and Skylar walking together, but I've never seen them kiss, or even hug. Even when they walk together, they don't walk very close.

They just seem like best friends to me.

But either way I'm not okay with it. I should be her best friend and her boyfriend. Instead that 'thing' replaced me.

This pissed me off, since I never realized it.

I walked up to them and walked with them casually.

They both looked at me as if I had four heads.

"What" I said.

"Why are you walking with us?"

"Skylar look, can we please just talk? Without him?" I say gesturing to Shawn.

"I have let you explain." She said and rolled her eyes.

"You didn't let me finish though. And you kept on interrupting me."

"I don't think my boyfriend would like that." She says, emphasizing the 'boyfriend'.

She looked up at Shawn and he put her arm around her. She also whispered something in his ear.

"Are you two even actually dating? Cause you both seem pretty uncomfortable right now."

They both nodded their heads.

I scoffed.

This whole thing is fake. Did she really want to get back at me by pretending her and Shawn are dating just to make me sad?

The thought made me upset. I looked down.

"Skylar, I'm not stupid. You're just dating him to make me mad." I quickly walked ahead of them.

I don't have time for this right now. I have upcoming tests and I can't fail any of them or I'll get my phone and laptop taken away for 2 weeks. I know it sounds like a stupid punishment, but who can live without their phone or laptop for 2 weeks?

But I can't keep my mind off Skylar

-

Last class of the day.

I seriously needed to get out of this hell hole.

All my friends have been trying to talk me into going to a party that I really do not want or need, to go to.

I know how this party is going to go; underage drinking, people making out, and slutty girls trying to find a guy that she can 'get it on' with.

There's no way I'm going.

The bell rang and I basically ran out of the classroom.

As I ran to my locker, I tried my best to avoid all of my friends.

Well I failed miserably.

"Yo Nash! Why are you in such a rush? The party doesn't start 'till 7" My friend, Jack, said.