Chapter 29

Skylars POV

It was around 7 and I was putting clothes in a bag.

I don't even understand why I have to go to Nash's house while my mom is gone for the week. I'm 16 years old. I'm pretty sure I'm capable of taking care of my self for a week.

I zip up the bag and bring it downstairs.

"Oh good you're ready." My mom says and walks up to me.

"Why do I have to go? I can take care of myself for a week. I'm 16." I say and groan.

Why must parents be so difficult?

"Because I don't want you to be here, alone, for a week. And the house will probably be a disaster when I come back if I leave you here alone. I know you're old enough, but it's less work for you since if you were actually going to stay alone, you would've had to clean the dishes and take out the garbage."

"But mom, can't you see that me and Nash are not on the best terms right now?"

"I would've known if you would've told me." She says and crosse her arms.

After a long pause, she spoke.

"Well are you gonna tell me?"

"Fine. Well before school, I kinda broke up with Nash because he didn't trust me, and than I met Shawn and Luke, and when we were at the grocery store, he told me he loved me and stuff and I told him that I won't date him and that I don't want a relationship with anyone right now, and now he's mad cause that night I was with Luke outside. So now he thinks that I'm like dating Luke."

I say with a sigh at the end.

"Well, just because you and Nash are in a bit of an argument, doesn't mean I don't want you to be safe. You're still going."

I groan and grab my bag. We walk over to their house.

Nash's mom opens the door.

"Finally you're here." She says and gives me a hug.

"Don't worry Claire, she'll be fine here."

They talk a bit and I put my bag near the stairs.

I sigh and walk to where the couch is. I walk into the living room and there is no couch there. I shrugged and took a seat at the dining room table.

I sit down and pull out my phone.

"Hi." Hayes says.

I look up and mumble a 'hey'.

I wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone right now. Especially not Hayes. Ya, I know he didn't do anything, but he's most likely going to bring up something about Nash, and I don't want to talk about Me and Nash's problems to his younger brother.

I heard the front door close.

"Okay. So now we have to figure out sleeping arrangements. This whole thing was all planned today so I guess I forgot where you are going to sleep." Nash's mom said with a sigh.

"You and Nash can sleep in the same bed. As long as the door is kept open. I would've offered you the guest room but it's being painted, or I would've told Nash to sleep on the couch, but Nash and Hayes were fighting and broke the leg of the couch." She said and glared at Hayes.

I don't want to sleep in the same bed as Nash. I guess she doesn't know the problems Nash and I are having right now.

"I can... Sleep on the floor. Don't you have a couch in the basement?"

"Don't be silly. The basement is cold and the couch down there needs to be cleaned. Bring your stuff up to Nash's room and make yourself feel at home."