Chapter 25

Skylars POV

~~~~~~ 1 month later ~~~~~~

Today is the first day of school, the day I have been dreading this past month.

Like seriously, who gets excited for school to start? Especially highschool.

More ninth graders, the new seniors that think they rule the school, and then there is the few people like me. The eleventh grader who doesn't have many friends and gets invited to no parties.

In my highschool, you will get judged no matter what.

If you're wearing shoes that are dirty, the 'popular' girls will instantly notice it and start talking shit.

I managed to get myself out of my bed and brush my teeth.

After that I did my everyday hair; straightened.

Since it is the beginning of a new school year, I want to improve the way I look just a bit.

I usually just do very light mascara and eyeliner only on the top, but now I'm going to put on a bit more mascara and eyeliner on the bottom too (guys idk technical terms for makeup don't judge me).

As for my clothes, at school, I would never wear shorts or crop tops or muscle tees.

Leggings, sweaters, and tshirts were almost all that I wore.

I don't know why I never wore shorts, but I guess I just didn't like showing my legs or anything, or probably cause I was too lazy to shave.

But today, since I thought ahead and shaved my legs, cause imma smart cookie, I put on my normal summer outfit.

I know it's technically not summer anymore, but the weather still is still hot.

White shorts, and a muscle tee.

But tomorrow I'm probably gonna be to lazy to shave, so back to leggings for me.

I slipped on my new vans that I bought, grabbed a piece of toast, picked up my blue backpack from the chair, and walked out the door.

2 years ago, I would normally walk with Nash, last year he was too cool to be seen with me, and now, well we're just in a bit of an argument.

As I was walking out of my house, I saw Nash leave his.

I looked for a quick second, them looked away and picked up my pace. I felt a tap on my shoulder and quickly turned around expecting it to be Nash, but it wasn't.

"Um.. Hi, I'm new here and I just wanted to ask if you could show me the way to the school. Oh and my name is Shawn." (Let's just pretend Shawns the same age)

"Well, hi Shawn, I'm Skylar. So just follow me. I'm assuming we go to the same school since it's one of the only ones that's walking distance."

"So what grade are you going in?" I asked him.

"Eleven, you?"

"Same."

As we walked the fifteen minute walk to the school, Shawn and I talked about school.

I told him about the people to stay away from, and warned him about the rude people.

As we entered the school, Shawn told me the classes he has to be in.

(Idk how highschool works.. Again use your imagination)

We have about half of the same classes together.

I pointed to which direction he had to go in for his first class.

He quickly walked off, and I entered my first class; Math.