Chapter 28

Skylars POV

I stood completely still.

My eyes widened.

I was in compete shock. What the hell was this boy doing?

He pulled away and looked sad.

"Um.. L-L-L-et's just go, um, pay now." I stuttered and walked over to the cashier.

I handed the lady the money, grabbed the bag and walked out with Nash following behind me.

"Skylar, why.. Didn't you.. Uh. Kiss me back?" He said. I stopped walking.

Is he serious.

"Because friends don't kiss each other. You can't just suddenly kiss me while we're in the grocery store! I told you we are just going to remain friends but you clearly don't understand that! Your making this harder than it needs to be."

He looks at me. He looked like he was on the verge of tears.

"Sky, please. Please just hear me out on this." He takes a step closer.

"I have been trying to tell you this, since you broke up with me. Sky, I need you. I cannot live my life knowing that I can't call you mine, and knowing that I can't kiss you or hold your hand. I can't live like that. I love you more than I should considering you don't love me back. But why?"

"Why what?" I said, tears filling my eyes.

"Why must you hurt me so much to the point my heart aches?" A tear fell down his cheek.

"It hurts so badly that you knowing you don't love me back."

"Nash, I told you a million times that-" I stopped.

"That you what?" Nash said, sounding annoyed.

I actually have no clue where I was going with this.

"That.. Just forget it and let's get back. I'm done arguing."

I quickly walk ahead of him.

"You may be done, but I'm not."

I roll my eyes.

"Nash just forget about it! Can't you see I'm not looking for a relationship right now?"

He scoffed.

"How about you tell Shawn and the Luke guy that?"

I gave him the 'are you fucking kidding me?' Look.

"What?" He said, trying to sound as innocent as possible.

I just rolled my eyes.

As we got closer to the house, I walked faster.

I didn't want to be alone with Nash any longer. The 15 minutes was long enough.

Nash was far behind me, so I slowed down.

There was a guy, walking along the sidewalk.

He turned around and walked closer to me.

I got scared, but just because it's dark outside and he's wearing a black sweater, doesn't mean their a killer, right?

"Skylar?" The Australian accent said. Then I realized, it just just Luke.

I sighed of relief and walked closer to him.

"Hi Luke. Thank god it was you. I thought you were a killer or something." I said and laughed.

He laughed too.