Chapter 4: Music saves me

Hiccups PoV

Well that wasn't awkward at all! I expected that when Elsa and I would reunite, she would miss me so much and run into my arms again and we'd be the best of friends like we always were but clearly I was wrong! I'm grateful Anna still likes me otherwise it'd be a lot harder to get Elsa to forgive me. Her friends seem nice but I haven't really met them much. I'm hoping I can get to know them. But I'm hoping Elsa can eventually forgive me but she has changed quite a bit by the looks of it. I remember when we were younger, she'd be all tom-boyish and hate it when someone were to mention the word 'love' or 'make-up'. Now look at her, she's wearing heels and has on lipstick and mascara.

Unfortunately, Jack wasn't in my next lesson so I had to find music by myself. I entered the room and saw that one of Elsa's friend was in the class. I walked over towards her, "can I sit with you? You're the only one that I sort of know."

"Yeah sure, was it Hiccup?" She responded bubbly, I nodded my head and took the seat next to her, "so tell me Hiccup, why doesn't Elsa like you? I've never seen her act like that before. She's usually very happy and smiley. Although the way she acted towards Jackson isn't different, if someone dares to flirt with her she'll kick them in the balls."

I laughed at the thought of Jack being called Jackson "Er, it's Jack firstly and she doesn't like me because when we were five I left to move to New York and left her alone in England. I was her best friend and I was pretty much her only friend so she didn't take it well. The first time we spoke since was earlier this morning." I saw the girl had a sympathetic look on her face, "oh and I forgot to ask what's your name?"

"Oh yeah" she laughed, "my names Rapunzel but most people just call me Punzie or Punz, the crazy red head you saw next to Elsa is Merida and obviously you know Anna."

"Thanks Punz, are you able to help me out?" She nodded her head "I want Elsa to forgive me but she will hardly speak to me so do you think you could give me her number?" She wasn't sure at first but when she realized it was for a good cause, she took out her phone and wrote down Elsa's number on a piece of paper. "Thank you."

"No worries" her smile suddenly grew and her cheeks became redder. I looked at her direction and saw a guy walk in. He waved at Punzie and made his way towards her. "Hi Flynn"

"Hey punz, whose the guy?" He asked sitting down next to Rapunzel.

"Oh it's Hiccup, Elsa's childhood friend? Ring a bell?" Rapunzel answered. I shook a small wave.

"Oh Hiccup, the guy Elsa cried about for at least a month" Flynn replied with anger in his voice. "Have you seen Elsa yet?"

"Yep. She isn't too happy to see me."

"No kidding. She spent months getting over you leaving." Flynn responded laughing, "I'd like to know more about the guy who Elsa loved so much she cried over, wanna hang around after school today with my friend?"

"Sure, can I bring Jack with me?"

"Jack? Sure, I'd like to meet him." He gave me his number and I saved it in my phone before the teacher came in.

Jacks PoV

I was heading to Social when I banged into Elsa, "aw, you can't stop falling for me, can you?"

"Yeah right. Completely in your dreams Frost. Any friend of Hiccups, is most certainly not a friend of mine." She responded.

"Aw, don't be like that to me Elsa. Where are you heading?" I asked acting sad.

"Social studies."

"Same. Looks like your stuck with me." I laughed, I saw her roll her eyes whilst sighing.

"Great." She sarcastically laughed. We continued walking to socials in silence but it didn't seem that awkward. "Wanna sit together?"

"Elsa I'm scared, are you trying to kill me?" I joked, "sure I'd love to sit with you." We sat down in two empty seats near the window and started talking about school.

"How'd you meet Hiccup in New York? I'd doubt you went to NYADA."

"That dragon School? Nope, not a chance. I met him through his girlfriend."

"Girlfriend?" She seemed quite shocked and maybe a tad jealous.

"Yeah well ex-girlfriend. She went to NYADA too but we worked together and so we started talking and she introduced me to Hiccup, strange guy he was. Didn't like sports, nor did he like music and he always read."

"Not much changed then." She laughed. "And what was the flirt Jack like in the past."

"I was a complete player. I had my first girlfriend when I was five."

Elsa's PoV

"Five? Seriously. I hated love at that age."

"Only joking, she wasn't a proper girlfriend. My first girlfriend was when I was 16. Nothing serious though. I don't think I've ever had a proper relationship with anyone." Hmm, maybe he wasn't so bad, "however with a body like yours I think it's hard to resist." I change my mind.

"Oh please, how are you and Hiccup friends? You're completely different!" Elsa laughed, "and please stop flirting it's driving me insane."

"Opposites attract, I guess?" He wiggled his eyebrows at me suggesting that we are 'opposites' that could 'attract' I laughed once again at his pathetic understanding of stop flirting. Mrs Wendy entered the classroom soon after and started telling us what we will be doing today. "Class, I want you to learn about the person next to you. It'll be an easy lesson today and just talk with the person your sitting with. I want you to find things out about them. And be creative with your questions. Don't be plain and simple. Think of hard questions."

I turned to face Jack once again and groaned at the long hour I'll have.

Merida's PoV

My next lesson was with Anna in Art. We started drawing the picture on the board when suddenly I started speaking, "so Hiccup" Anna immediately whipped her head towards me and smiled.

"Does Merida like Hiccup?" She asked jumping to conclusion. I made a mistake on the page from her sudden question and had to get my rubber.

"Anna no, I was wondering who he is. Elsa doesn't seem to like him."

"Yeah I'm surprised about that. I thought Elsa would love to see him again." Anna responded deep in thought "anyways I'll let Elsa tell you who he is."

"And the nickname Ellie?" I asked again.

"I don't know. He always called her Ellie." Anna responded, "it's quite cute in my opinion." I nodded in agreement and continued drawing. A few minutes later, I ended up saying something again.

"Do you think he likes her?" I asked, seriously what is up with these questions. I heard Anna laugh before shaking her head.

"I can't see them together. Maybe Elsa and hiccups friend. But Hiccup and Elsa just seem too much like siblings."

Jacks PoV

"Alright Elsa, why'd you like music?" I asked shocking her slightly.

"How'd you know I liked music?" She asked me.

"Well your phone case is a treble clef and you have some sort of music style, I don't know. A guess sort of."

"Alright, well I love music so you were right about that and I guess it's because music saves me. It lets me escape from the real world and any of the problems I have. It makes me happy. And a bunch of my favourite memories are linked with music. And some of my worse. But if it weren't for music, I'd probably still be lying in my bed crying over every little problem i had. My mother loved singing so when I was born, music was inside of me. It was a force already within me and when I was born it was like a necessity, like food or water." She spoke with so much passion, it was so cute how she talked about music, "sorry, you should know never to ask me about music, I'll go on for ages." She laughed.

"No it's amazing how much passion you speak with when talking about music. I love it." She gave me a genuine smile and it caused me to smile back. The bell then went for the end of the day and I said goodbye to Elsa before finding Hiccup.