Chapter 20: Dinner!

Jacks PoV

At the dinner table, I ended up sitting opposite Elsa. Anna was next to her facing Hiccup. The adults were on the other side of the table with me next to Elsa's dad and Elsa next to Hiccups mum. We all started our dinner before anyone began a conversation. It was Elsa's mum who started one though. "So Jack, why did you decide to move to New York with the Haddocks?" I could feel Hiccup smirking, he was one of the only ones that knew the proper truth, him and some guy in New York.

"Well I had finished my course in New York and Hiccup had told me so much about London that I wanted to come visit and stay for a while. I was getting tired of seeing the same old New York every day and asked if I could come back with them. Valka and Stoik agreed seeing as they knew me and my family well. As I was still under 18 though, my parents wanted me to still attend school so I made a deal with them asking if I went to London with them for a year whilst I study at the school for the year." I explained, I knew Hiccup wanted to laugh and he knew I wanted to punch him in the face but I guess neither of us get what we want.

"And What do You think of London?" Agnarr asked looking at me.

"Oh it's lovely. The people here are very kind and the places I've seen are just so beautiful. I haven't actually been properly into the city though so I'm not sure what London is actually like." I replied.

"The girls should take you some time. They've lived in London all their life. Elsa's always up there, I'm sure she wouldn't mind some company once or twice." Iduna suggested, hiccup smirked at the mention of Elsa and I felt Anna nodding beside me whereas Elsa just continued eating her dinner.

"I'm surprised Elsa you're up in London all the time. I remember you loving the countryside and when we tried to get you to come into the city with us, you refused until Hiccup persuaded you to come." Stoik mentioned.

Elsa finished chewing the piece of food she was eating before replying to hiccups dad, "well when you all left, a year later my mum suggested I take up a hobby. We tried a bunch of different ones like football, hockey, horse riding -once of my favourites-, singing, dancing -the typical girl hobbies- but my favourite one was Ice Skating which I continued to do as I grew up. Twice a week I go up to London to skate, one day I'll hire the rink to myself and sometimes get my teacher to come in and help me with something. The other day I help teach younger children on how to skate. It really is wonderful."

"That's sounds very fascinating. I always wanted to ice skate professionally however I changed my plan in college." Valka responded.

"Maybe you can take Jack up there one day. He is awful at ice skating, he could do with a few lessons." Hiccup suggested, He is so going to be killed after dinner.

"Like you could do any better." I replied.

"I actually can skate moderately well. I hung out with Kristoff a few weeks ago and he thought I did pretty well on the ice."

"Oh yeah I saw that. It was hilarious at first." Elsa said.

"Wait you were there?" Hiccup asked shocked and slightly embarrassed.

"Yeah the two of you came on one of the days that I teach. At first I thought you were joining the class but saw the two of you were skating before the lesson. You fell over a few times but weren't that bad. Could be better though." Elsa remembered. Maybe I don't need to kill him, Elsa has already done me a favour by embarrassing him.

"So how about next week, on Saturday, the four of you and Kristoff, Flynn, Rapunzel and Merida all hang out for the day in London. You can all go ice skating and show Jack the city. It will be my treat."

"Thank you Iduna." Hiccup responded.

"I'm fine with that but I have to be in early on Saturday, they asked if I could work a longer shift. I think I have to be in at 8 but I can meet you all at 12?" Elsa replied.

"That sounds like a great plan, I might join you that day at your work. I always love seeing you there." Anna smiled. I loved how close those two are. They seem more like best friends than sisters. We all continued eating our dinner making conversation now and then until we were all finished and waited a few minutes before desserts. "Mum do you want Jack and i to get the desserts?" Hiccup asked.

"How sweet of you hiccup? Yes please. Don't forget the bowls." I stood up and followed behind Hiccup to the kitchen. Once the door was closed I punched him on the arm.

"You are so dead! What were you planning to do? Set up a date for me and Elsa? I'm rubbish at ice skating, I'll look like a complete fool. At least now, Merida and you are also coming so you aren't the only one who can annoy someone. Be prepared because there's three of us that know you like Merida and there's only Anna and you that know I like Elsa."

"That's not completely true. Kristoff and Flynn know you like her too." Hiccup added.

"You told Flynn? Elsa's cousin! He's gonna kill me!" I panicked, "why would you tell those two?"

"Relax dude, Flynn likes you. He actually approves of the relationship but it does mean that they'll be four of us that can annoy you on Saturday and only the three of you that can annoy me."

"You are so dead!" I added before leaving the kitchen with the bowls. "Pudding looks wonderful Valka."

"Thank You Jack, that's very kind of you to say." I nodded my head and placed the bowls in front of everyone and as I sat back down, hiccup came in with the actual dessert. Chocolate cake. Yum! "Elsa, Anna, I remember you two loved chocolate especially chocolate cake so I thought I'd make one for dessert."

"Valka, You shouldn't have. This looks amazing!" Anna said in awe. The two of them were just staring at the cake waiting for their piece. The parents laughed at the two and started dishing out the cake starting with Anna and Elsa. When we all finished the dessert, we continued talking for a few more minutes before Elsa's family had to go. "Thank you for such a nice meal." Anna thanked before leaving.

"Thank you, it was so wonderful. Such an amazing cook. See you boys tomorrow in school." Elsa said goodbye before joining her sister by the care. Their parents said goodbye to Valka and Stoik and wished us the best for school and then got in their car and drove away.

"Its been a long evening boys, get to bed." Stoik said when he closed the door. Hiccup and I agreed and made our way upstairs and towards our room. Before Hiccup actually entered the room, I shouted something to him.

"I will get you back for the evening."

"Doubt it" He replied.