Chapter 10: All Out of Love

Merida's PoV

According to Anna, everything is fine between Jack and Elsa but clearly it's not. And I think it's Elsa that isn't fine. It was Lunch and Punzie and Elsa had gone to check about Cheerleading. I don't know why they signed up for it. Anyways it left Anna, Hiccup, Flynn, Jack and I on the table by ourself. No one was talking. "Okay guys clearly you all want to say something to me so go ahead speak." Jack said frustrated.

"Ok, I'll start, why is everyone so awkward today?" That question belonged to Flynn. Obviously he wasn't here yesterday and didn't know about the music problem.

"Ask Jack" I said. We all wanted to know why Jack didn't come. He wouldn't tell anyone.

"Jack? Why is everyone against you today?"

"I couldn't do this music project yesterday and they all want to know why but I can't say and so they aren't that happy with me."

"Guys seriously. You are all arguing over a pointless thing. I'm sure Jack had a good enough reason not to come." Flynn responded backing up Jack.

"Thanks mate." Jack responded. "Any other questions?"

"Why is it awkward between you and Elsa?" I decided to ask, I knew I had to ask before Elsa came back and I didn't know when I'd next be able to. Flynns ears perked up at the name of his cousin and Anna looked intrigued by this too. Hiccup looked interested but almost defeated like he knew we wouldn't get an answer.

"Er what do you mean? Elsa, Anna and I said during English that we are all cool with each other about music." Jack responded.

"But you and Elsa don't seem chill with each other. And I'm not so sure it's just about music. Elsa didn't come to say hi to you or Hiccup when her and Punzie entered English, she hardly looked at you during English nor did you look at her. You too argued for most of the lesson and I don't think you have spoken to Elsa for the past two days except from on the phone yesterday and during English today." I argued leaving Jack speechless and not sure what to say. "Here they come now and I'll tell you this, Elsa for the past week has sat either next to Flynn or you when sitting down. I bet you today she won't sit next to you and probably won't sit next to Flynn either because he is too close to you."

"Hey guys, what were you talking about?" Punzie asked also oblivious to the tension around her.

"Nothing much." Flynn responded, "how'd the two of you go on Cheerleading?"

"Well we both got through." Elsa responded sitting down next to Anna and me. I looked Frost in the eye and smirked.

"That's good." Flynn responded trying to keep everyone's focus away from Elsa and Jack. "What about Head Captain and Co-Captain?"

"It went perfectly planned" Punzie responded. "Elsa is captain."

"And Punzie is co-captain"

The six of us erupted in Congratulations even if some of them are faked. "When's the first performance?"

"Next week." Elsa responded, "We have to come up with some sort of routine by then." We laughed as Elsa sighed. "But you'll never guess who else is in the team."

"Who?"

"Cindy" Anna and I drew in a breath at the mention of her name.

"Who's Cindy and why is she so bad?" Jack asked.

"Cindy is friends with Snow. And they are the most annoying, brattiest girls in the school. You've met Snow and trust me when I say this Cindy is a million times worse." Elsa said as she got up from her seat. "Anyways ready for music?" We all nodded our head except Flynn and Rapunzel but that's because they don't have music. "Come on then" The six of us left the canteen and made our way to music. Elsa leading in front and Jack behind. We all sat down on the table in music and I swear you could hear a pin drop. The tension was so high and the noice was so low - it was unbelievable!

"What song did you end up recording Jack?" Elsa asked trying to start a conversation.

"Oh um I recorded 'What I Did for Love'"

"well I'm sure it will sound amazing and I can't wait to hear it." Elsa replied. Okayyyy, well that was most certainly not awkward. Miss came in after a few minutes although it felt like hours.

"Okay class, we will be listening to the songs today. We will start with Elsa's group because their song is already in my computer. Ready?" The five of us nodded and sat up eagerly. I saw Jack avert all eye contact. I didn't feel sorry for him though. It's his fault.

~Play Song~

[Elsa:]
I'm lying alone with my head on the phone
Thinking of you til it hurts
I know you hurt, too, but what else can we do
Tormented and torn apart
I wish I could carry your smile in my heart
For times when my life seems so low
It would make me believe what tomorrow could bring
When today doesn't really know

[Elsa and Anna:]
Doesn't really know

[All:]
I'm all out of love, I'm so lost without you
I know you were right believing for so long
I'm all out of love, what am I without you?
I can't be too late to say that I was so wrong

[Hiccup:]
I want you to come back and carry me home
Away from these long, lonely nights

[Merida:]
I'm reaching for you, are you feeling it too?
Does the feeling seem oh-so right?

[Hiccup and Merida:]
And what would you say if I called on you now
And said that I can't hold on?

[Anna:]
There's no easy way

[Anna and Kristoff (All):]
(It gets harder each day)
Please love me or I'll be gone, I'll be gone

[All:]
I'm all out of love, I'm so lost without you
I know you were right, believing for so long
I'm all out of love, what am I without you?
I can't be too late to say that I was so wrong

[Anna and Kristoff:]
What, what are you thinking of?

[Merida and Hiccup:]
What are you thinking of?

[Elsa (All):]
What are you thinking of?
What are you thinking (of?)

[Elsa (All except Elsa):]
I'm all out of love, I'm so lost without you
I know you were right
(Believing for so long)
I'm all out of love (All out of love)
What am I without you?
I can't be too late
I know I was so wrong

[All (Elsa):]
I'm all out of love (All out of love)
I'm so lost without you
I know you were right
Believing for so long
I'm all out of love (All out of love)
What am I without you?
I can't be too late
I know I was so (wrong)
I'm all out of love (All out of love)
I'm so lost without you (I'm so lost)
I know you were right
Believing for so long (So lost, so lost)
I'm all out of love
What am I without you?
I can't be too late (to say that I was so) wrong
[Elsa:]
Wrong

I'm glad that's over. I hate hearing my voice on record. I'd personally prefer to perform live but this was a recording assignment and so I had to live through the pain of hearing my voice. Elsa was amazing though. I'm always jealous of her voice, it's like an angel. I'm glad she managed to sing Jacks part as well. I think she was a bit upset and annoyed though that she was the only one who didn't actually have any duets, I know that they are her favourites. She was so nervous about that last verse. She wasn't sure if she could hit all of the notes especially the very last one but it was outstanding! I looked at her face and I think she was quite pleased with herself but you can never tell with Elsa. I then looked at Jack and I swear he was in awe. It'll be interesting to hear his now.